Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As the voice and lobbyists for Savings and Credit Cooperatives in Kenya, we at KUSCCO have been at the forefront of efforts to form and develop strong and viable SACCOs. Our key roles at KUSCCO – as the umbrella body for SACCOs – are mainly advocacy and representation. In addition, we offer SACCOs and other cooperatives financial and technical assistance, tailored to largely benefit the middle and low income earners both in Kenya’s rural and urban areas. This is a significant fraction of Kenya’s population that drives the country’s economy through the small and medium enterprise (SME) engine.
Job Reference No. IA/JS/03/2021
Type of engagement: 3 year contract
Position Summary: Responsible for carrying out audit programs.
- Develop audit policies and ensure implementation.
- Prepare the audit manual detailing and audit plans.
- Examine and evaluate the internal controls established for all activities of the SACCO and assess the adequacy of the system.
- Review and evaluate the risk the SACCO may face and develop a risk register.
- Prepare and implement a comprehensive risk based annual work plan.
- Ensure follow up and implementation of audit recommendations from the audit department, board, external Auditors and government regulatory bodies.
- To investigate cases of frauds in the SACCO and report to relevant authority.
- To produce timely, accurate and comprehensive reports to management on regular basis. Preparing quarterly internal audit reports to the audit committee.
- Carryout post audit to ascertain compliance.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Necessary Qualifications and Skills:
- C.P.A. (K)
- A Bachelor of Commerce/ Business Administration degree (Finance, Accounting or Auditing) or its equivalent from a recognized University will be an added advantage
Skills and Desired Qualities:
- Judgment and decision-making ability
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and Interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Self-driven and work with minimal supervision
- Risk analysis skills
- Advanced report writing and presentation skills
- Good IT skills and Proficient in Microsoft office suite
- Unquestionable integrity
- Minimum 3 years’ experience preferably in the SACCO sub-sector.
All applications must be received by 6th April 2021.