Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As a midwife with MSF your experience in both complicated and normal deliveries will be essential.
From visiting expectant mums deep in the jungle to carrying out ante-natal checks, to training birth attendants in busy maternity departments in big hospital settings, MSF midwives are a vital part of most project teams.
Our midwives often have a dual responsibility; working in health centres and conducting outreach work in the community. No matter what the context – whether working in natural disasters, conflicts or poverty-affected communities – babies will continue to be born and midwives will always be needed.
It’s a challenging and rewarding role and you will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Pre and post-delivery care
- Deliveries, often complicated
- Care of survivors of sexual violence
- Setting up maternity departments in new health centres or hospitals
- Working with community birth attendants to ensure safe community birthing practices
- Running awareness programs in the community
- Training local midwives
- On-call care, often 24 hours
- Bachelor’s degree in midwifery or a Degree in nursing with the exception of Community Health Nursing.
- All nurses applying to the midwifery position must have over 2 years’ experience working in a busy labor ward.
- Valid registration
- Experience in supervising, managing and training others
- Experience of obstetric emergencies/complicated deliveries, termination of pregnancy, sexual violence
- Willingness to be regularly on call for difficult and complicated deliveries
- Over three months experience of working in a low resource settings
- Willingness to work in unstable areas
- Available for six to nine months
- Adaptable and able to work in a multi-cultural team
- Flexible and able to manage stress
- Fluency in English
- Tropical nursing diploma
- Knowledge of STDs/HIV/AIDS
- Family planning experience
- Community midwifery experience
- Experience working in a similar organisation
- Knowledge of other working languages e.g French and or Arabic