Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
As a paediatrician with MSF, you will ensure the proper functioning of the pediatric medical activities under his/her responsibility at the supported health facilities, defining and implementing MSF policies, protocols and procedures, and guaranteeing the quality of pediatric healthcare in order to improve health conditions of the target population and decrease U-5 mortality rate
- As part of the medical team, takes part in the project medical activities such as epidemiological profile elaboration, differential diagnostic algorithm for fever, anthropological study and mortality survey. Also participates in the annual plan revision and planning and in the log frame and indicators definition.
- Define the necessary protocols and flowcharts prior to the beginning of the medical activities (initial phase).
- Coordinate, assess and supervise the proper functioning of the pediatric medical activities according to the defined MSF protocols and procedures and through the correct compilation and analysis of medical data regarding patients’ health conditions.
- Check all administrative procedures related to patients’ follow-up (individual card filling, registers, paper exit, discharge, transfers…) are correctly carried out according to MSF procedures.
- Collaborate in the preparation of the medical orders needed to implement the medical activities under his/her responsibility, and identifies non-medical support needs (material, infrastructure, transport, etc.), reporting them to the line manager.
- Identify training needs, design and provide theoretical and practical training to MoH staff and evaluate their capacities and performance in order to improve their capabilities and for the incentives scheme management
- Coordinate and monitor the daily working plan of the team under his/her responsibility (absent personnel, vacations, tracking leaves …) Provides on the job training to MoH staff and replaces doctor if necessary and participates in shifts.
- Ensure, in coordination with the Nursing Activity Manager responsible for the pharmacy, an efficient pharmacy management and ensure an efficient medical equipment management and monitor the rational use of them.
- Participate in the programs / project follow-up, supervise and ensure that medical activities objectives under his/her responsibility are achieved and report to the technical referent any problem arising in the service.
- Participate in the monthly reports according to guidelines (i.e. SitReps, medical statistical reports, etc.) and definition of annual planning, budget for the project.
- Essential Medical Doctor Diploma with specialization in Pediatrics. Desirable specialization or training in Tropical Medicine or related studies
- Essential English & Spanish or English & Portuguese, or English & French
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- People Management
- Flexibility and ability to work under pressure
- Ability to train, mobilizes, and manages both international and national staff
- Willingness and ability to work in unstable contexts