IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Head of Growth at Mobile Financial Solutions
Mobile Financial Solutions is a Fintech company with a passion for Transforming Lives Through Financial Inclusion”. We are a market leader in the mobile lending space, having began our journey with Banks and SACCOs in 2014. Since then, MFS has transformed itself into an integrated financial services entity, helping to grow the lives of millions of micro-entrepreneurs across Africa.
We are looking for a brilliant and dynamic generalist with experience in sales/growth roles in B2B or B2C digital sales, ideally software-as-a-service (SaaS). You should have an acute understanding of the pain points of micro, small, and medium enterprises in Africa, particularly in terms of payments and financial services. You should be highly innovative and open to experimentation, while bringing a wealth of market experience on what has and hasn’t worked in the past. You will be supported by a Sales & Strategy Support Manager and a Marketing Manager. Together, you will drive and execute the client acquisition and retention strategy across multiple African markets.
This position will report to the MD of Emerging Enterprise and is location-agnostic, however most of the work in 2021 will be focused in East and Central Africa.
- Drive the execution of the growth strategy, including a mix of low- and medium-touch sales tactics.
- Recruit, deploy, and manage temporary staff for sector- or market-specific activation and launch activities.
- In collaboration with marketing colleagues, deliver digital marketing campaigns targeting priority sectors.
- Grow the sales team to include country managers in new markets across Africa.
- Create new extraordinary ways of user acquisition and work to acquire our first 5,000, 10,000, and 50,000+ customers.
- Develop a deep understanding of our (prospective) users and their motivations.
- Identify and prioritize growth experiments – e.g. optimize existing channels, and discover new ones.
- Lead the charge on building a data-driven culture, including instrumentation and attribution.
- Build feedback loops, working closely with the product, customer support, and marketing teams to refine UX, copy, and messaging.
- Experiment and identify channels to perform customer/audience segmentation analysis.
- Work closely with the MD, product and sales teams to build viral growth loops to shape the service to grow organically.
- Collaborate with marketing, product, and support teams to drive improvements in active user enhancements, interaction design and enhance retention rate.
- Support and contribute to a culture of innovation and customer-centricity.
Does This Sound Like You?
Critical requirements for the role (Must-Haves):
- Minimum of 7 years of experience, with proven experience of boosting growth through sales.
- Experience working in either the digital sales, fintech, payments, SaaS or SME services industries.
- Good business acumen, outstanding negotiation skills and a results-oriented attitude.
Preferred requirements (Nice to Haves):
- Pan-African exposure/experience.
- Past experience of working in a start-up.
- Ability to communicate in French.
Candidate attribute (Culture Fit):
- Ability to think creatively.
- Thrive in growth and client service roles and work well with people at all levels of an organization.
- Capable of bringing together the right colleagues across the business to solve problems.
- We are highly innovative and were ranked by Fast Company as one of the most innovative companies in the world.
- We work at the very cutting edge of fintech in Africa.
- We solve relevant problems for Africa and the world and are building the MFS Africa Hub into a payment infrastructure designed to transcend generations.
- We have a very diverse work environment with over 30+ nationalities represented and continually strive to build a culture that aligns to our values of Care, Simplify and Be Revolutionary!
Method of application
Please send us an email with your application and CV to email@example.com and we shall contact you with a way forward.