Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is a Los Angeles-based global nonprofit provider of HIV prevention services, testing, and healthcare for HIV patients.
- The HR & Admin Officer’s main responsibility is to provide the necessary support to the Regional HR Manager in the country office.
- This position maintains a high degree of confidentiality and a strong customer service focus. Using His/her knowledge, the incumbent will deal with customers(both internal and external) with a high level of maturity, tact, and diplomacy.
- His/her key role is to manage all staff data including information on contracts and other related data, support the Regional HR Manager in administering staff benefit, recruitment, orientation, performance management, monitor compliance & implementation of HR policies
- The HR Officer must provide excellent customer service, demonstrate initiative, take ownership of responsibilities, and complete projects with positive results.
- Manage all documentation related to the administration of staff contracts, benefits and maintain adequate records of all correspondence
- Prepare offer letters and contracts for new staff using pre-approved templates for the country program
- Maintain a database and monitor expiry dates of all staff contract, liaise with global HR and the employee’s line managers, and renew as and when necessary;
- Provide employee numbers and open individual files for new employees;
- Ensure there is a job request in place, uploaded, and approved in ICIMS before commencing any recruitment activities. Use appropriate media for advertising.
- Keep track of employee leave utilization for record-keeping and accountability
- Ensure accurate and timely filing of all staff related correspondence
- Prepare HR monthly reports and submit them to the Regional HR Manager
- Manages and prepares data for Monthly, Weekly, and ad hoc reports to the Regional HR Manager
- Liaise with the Regional HR Manager and Country Program Director/Manager to conduct manpower planning for each financial year
- Compile and assist with the shortlist of the candidates and invite short-listed candidates for interviews.
- Liaise with recruiting managers to prepare interview questions and prepare interview summaries after each interview.
- Participate in Interviews as and when necessary.
- Ensure reference checks are carried out before offer letters are issued out.
- Ensure timely submission of recruitment information to the Regional HR Manager
- Assist the Regional HR Manager in the management of staff benefits
- Regularly and promptly, address queries from managers and staff on their benefits.
- Prepare and communicate any payroll changes with the Regional HR Manager, global HR, and finance liaisons on or before the 9th of every month
- Support the implementation of identified staff training, development activities, and Process staff development requests including education reimbursement requests, and submit to the Regional HR Manager for approval
- Assists in researching and collecting data to inform HR decisions and strategy when required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Assist the Bureau and Global Data team in organizing/ participating in training and capacity building logistics and processes conducted for staff
- Performs administrative duties for the Bureau management team including managing calendars, meetings and events arrangements, report preparation, and minutes taken at meetings.
- Manages travel arrangements and detailed travel itineraries for Nairobi based Bureau and Global Data team
- Handles correspondences and inquiries directed at the Nairobi based Bureau and Global Data teams
- Performs basic booking keeping tasks including management of petty cash for the Bureau and Global data team
- Perform office duties that include ordering supplies for the dedicated team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management, Business Administration or similar, associate or full member of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM)
- Minimum 5 years experience in general HR Administration with proven technical skills in general HR best practice including sound knowledge of Kenya employment law
- Demonstrated ability to work in multi-cultural situations using a collaborative approach
- Proven ability to handle the challenging workload
- Strong commitment to AHF values
- Cross-cultural experience, understanding, and sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literate, with a high degree of proficiency and productivity.
- Flexible and agile
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Must be sensitive to our patients and issues surrounding HIV/AIDS
The deadline is 11th April 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. AHF is an equal opportunity employer.