Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your skills to make a difference, not just a living? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Living Goods works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. We think big, relentlessly innovate to ensure both impact & health system strengthening. At Living Goods, you will have the opportunity to apply your ideas and creativity at work every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative environment, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive here at Living Goods.
Living Goods is seeking a Senior Manager of Software Engineering to join our team. We believe that technology is an increasingly powerful and positive disruptive force in enabling Living Goods to provide effective community health service and drive impact.
As the Senior Manager of Software Engineering, you will lead engineering teams in our global technology team in designing, developing, testing, and rolling out, and supporting technology innovations to support operations. You will provide management leadership for Tech projects through coordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities.
Support product management and product design for all technology products, whether developed in-house at Living Goods or developed by vendors, ensuring effective communication across actors.
Pioneer and implement game-changing innovations while managing Living Goods’ mission-critical technologies, including mobile tools, data management systems, and software needs.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Lead the architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of products, working with delivery teams to ensure effective translation of requirements into technical specifications, delivery of products to schedule with high quality.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine, design, develop, test, and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. Collaborate with other LG teams to define and build new features and products and drive wide adoption of our innovative technologies within LG and among replication partners and future partnerships.
- Manage the engineering team to define and implement reliable, scalable, efficient, and secure systems operating in a cloud environment.
- Facilitating translation of complex functional and technical requirements into a consumable and prioritized backlog.
- Define and manage the entire software development lifecycle in an agile delivery environment focusing on continuous deployment at pace while maintaining quality and performance of software systems including supporting systems in production, responding to production incidents, and managing unplanned work.
- Grow, mentor, manage and inspire a growing team of software engineers and other direct reports providing clear and constructive feedback and creating opportunities for learning and growth.
- Contribute to LG’s overall organizational strategy as a key member of the Living Goods global management team.
- Manage the Database Admin and User Interface Designer.
- Engage with third-party vendors for technical collaboration.
- Implement the technical strategy of the organization.
- Present and demonstrate technical achievement to internal and external stakeholders.
Skills and Competencies
- Ability to forge ahead and independently, demonstrate effective collaboration with teams across different functions.
- Strong software development, design, and architecture experience
- Experience designing, building and testing Java EE applications
- Familiarity with concepts of MVC, Mocking, ORM, and RESTful APIs.
- Have developed, deployed, and maintained production web applications.
- In-depth knowledge of popular Java frameworks like JSF and Spring MVC
- Productive in a UNIX-like environment: you can script your way out of trouble, and build software you need from source code if necessary.
- Understand the basics of database systems – both SQL and NoSQL databases, and can become proficient with any one of a wide variety of them without too much trouble.
- Capable of picking up front-end JS frameworks, such as AngularJS, ReactJS, even better if you are already a master with one of them.
- Proven expertise in developing and maintaining highly scalable Java applications
- Enjoy working closely with and learning from designers to iterate upon solutions and solve problems together.
- Can communicate effectively in English over video and text chats as part of a results-focused distributed team.
- Ability to work through ambiguity and deal with shifting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Software development, IT, Software Engineering or related field, Master’s degree is an added advantage.
- 10 years experience in the software environment with 3+ Years leading engineering teams’ position(s).
A competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience including health insurance and annual performance bonus pay opportunity. This is an opportunity to be your best while making lives better for those in need.
Living Goods is an equal opportunity employer and will consider every qualified applicant for employment. Living Goods does not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry, religion, gender, sexual orientation, or disability.
Our current job openings are displayed on our website, where you can search for open positions and apply directly. Living Goods does not offer any positions without an interview and never asks candidates for money. If you are asked for money, we strongly recommend that you do not respond and do not send money or personal information.