Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MEDECINS SANS FRONTIERES – SWITZERLAND Kenya Mission
MSF Switzerland (MSFCH) is a humanitarian medical organization providing emergency medical aid to populations in need based in Dagahaley Garisa County and Likoni Sub County of Mombasa.
MSF Switzerland is launching Daily Worker pool recruitment for ICT Supervisor Position
- Job Title : ICT Supervisor
- Work Location : Nairobi(with frequent field visit)
The selected candidate will be reporting to Deputy Logistics Coordinator.
Executing the maintenance, follow-up and monitoring of all IT and Telecom equipment, tools and services, as well as ensuring onsite technical support and training of users under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures, in order to guarantee the efficient use of all IT and Telecom services and infrastructure.
- Monitoring, maintaining and following up on all Information Technology (IT) and Telecom equipment, tools and services in the mission, in accordance with MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures.
- Supervising, implementing and improving data security protocols (data saving, firewall, User Access right, backup, security for equipment and software, etc.) to ensure data security, availability, and immediate operational recovery and continuity in case of emergency.
- Providing technical support and presenting MSF standards, policies, protocols and procedures to all users. Providing advanced technical support to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems. When needed, liaise with HQ Technical Referent for 2nd line support, as well as with external providers, to ensure any incidents or problems that cannot be solved at his/her level are appropriately escalated.
- Providing educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to all users. Providing advanced educational support (briefing, training and support, etc.) to logistics experts dealing with IT and Telecom systems.
- Providing regular activity reports for the sites under his/her responsibility in accordance with MSF guidelines. Updating and archiving all user and ICT (Information and Communications Technology) related documentation due to changes in the IT and Telecom infrastructures.
- Participating in the establishment of the annual budget of the IT and Telecom families.
- Providing his/her technical expertise in the local purchase process.
- Planning, preparing and reporting the visits to the site(s) under his/her responsibility to ensure the preceding points.
- Performing any other task, specific to his/her area of specialty, as defined in his/her job description and according to the line manager
- Higher Diploma in IT
- 2-3 years’ experience in IT
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs, and working experience in developing countries
- English & Kiswahili
- Expertise in latest version of Microsoft Operating System and business applications (Office365)
- Good knowledge of computer hardware and maintenance processes, network theory and their respective protocols, main email systems, IT security best practices and IT service management tools (ITSM)
- Understanding in Server Management (latest version of Microsoft Operating System, Active directory) and virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Understanding of radio telecommunication concepts (HF, VHF, UHF)
- Understanding of satellite communication systems (VSAT, BGAN, Inmarsat, Thuraya, Terramar)
- Teaching and supporting skills
- Results and quality orientation,teamwork and cooperation,behavioural flexibility,commitment to MSF Principles & stress management
If you meet the above requirements, please send your CV, motivation letter on or before the 14th April 2021
We apologize that due to the volume of application we receive; only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)