Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide overall technical and strategic support to implementation of land governance cluster projects in Kenya, including ensuring process and output quality, budget controlling, and reporting, in close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and Country Programme Manager for Kenya.
- Oversee and provide technical and strategic support to the implementing partners, especially in mapping and monitoring activities, including analysis and consolidation of the monitoring assessments and the strategic use of their results.
- Proactively support development of new project proposals and ideas for further development of the land governance cluster’s projects in Kenya.
- Facilitate partner engagement at international events and platforms, such as UNCCD COP, GLF, etc.
- Establish and maintain partnerships with organizations relevant to the land governance cluster in Kenya.
- Support in strategically positioning the projects in the relevant (policy) debates through various types of publications and events.
- Contribute to the further strategic and scientific development of TMG Research.
- A post-graduate degree in natural resource management, international development, political science, or a related field in sustainability science.
- Kenyan national with at least seven years of relevant work experience in the field of land governance in Kenya.
- Willingness to travel from time to time, to project field sites in Kenya for joint project implementation with the local partners.
- In-depth knowledge on issues of land governance, tenure rights, rights-based approaches, natural resource management, and policy and governance processes at various levels; knowledge of land administration processes is an asset.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work effectively, diplomatically, and sensitively with a wide range of partners from science, politics, and civil society.
- Experience and strong interest in scientific desk and applied research as well as in writing and science communication.
- Experience in analyzing broader governance nexus e.g. between rural and urban governance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Kiswahili, knowledge of German is an asset.
- Enthusiasm, flexibility, strong team-spirit, and a commitment to working within a dynamic transdisciplinary, policy-relevant research field.