Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bountifield International (formerly Compatible Technology International) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to creating sustainable solutions to end hunger and poverty. We create opportunities across Africa for rural entrepreneurs with tools and services to efficiently process, save, and sell more food. Small businesses and farmers increase their incomes, more jobs are created, and Africa feeds herself and the world.
The Agribusiness Coordinator will work closely with the Team Leader and Bountifield’s implementing partners’ field staff, and will carry out the following tasks:
1.Identify and assess 20+ rural enterprises to integrate into the project
- Work with anchor partners to identify a long list of potential entrepreneurs interested in launching or expanding enterprises to provide postharvest services to farmers using Bountifield-approved technologies.
- Administer Bountifield’s capacity assessment tool to measure the business’ potential and suitability to partner with the project.
- Recommend a final short-list of enterprises to be selected, based on pre-determined criteria, and design capacity building plans for each.
2. Coordinate and provide regular business advisory services to the project’s micro-enterprises in the consultant’s assigned area (to be determined with the Team Leader).
- Provide training to entrepreneurs on business strategy and management, promotion and marketing, customer service, financial planning, etc.
- Advise on and support the development of business growth plans.
- Support the promotion and implementation of marketing strategies.
- With anchor partners, track farmer crop planting, harvesting and make projections to advise the entrepreneurs on business opportunities and to forecast risks.
- Monitor relevant crop markets, prices, and other dynamics affecting the micro-enterprises/SMEs.
- Prepare materials and tools for managing revenues, costs, cash flows, etc.
3.Contribute to and support other project activities, especially M&E and reporting.
- Follow the progress of each micro-enterprise and monitor their activities.
- Draft and submit regular progress reports on the businesses.
- Contribute to the project’s quarterly reporting and planning.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and others, as required.
- Support the team leader in partner relationship management.
Consultant’s Skills and Qualifications
The ideal consultant will be able to work independently, take initiative and will measure his/her performance on the success of the micro-enterprises. S/he will meet most of the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in agribusiness or a related field with strong business acumen.
- Minimum of 3 years field and technical experience with agribusiness development, ideally in a training capacity.
- Track record of working directly with micro-enterprises and rural agricultural businesses.
- Strong business management and financial analysis skills.
- Experience in the agriculture sector with expertise in post-harvest operations.
- English writing and computer competency.
- Commitment to Bountifield’s vision and project goals.
Timeline and budget
The start date for this consultancy is March 2021 for an initial period of 10 months with extension based on achievement of milestones and budget availability. The level of effort is expected to be 30-50% of full-time (up to 3 days per week)