Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sokowatch is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. By connecting small merchants to the digital economy, we fix inefficient supply chains and provide services previously unavailable to informal businesses. Sokowatch aims to provide everything a retailer needs, no wholesalers or banks necessary.
Thousands of retailers across Rwanda, Tanzania, Kenya, and Uganda use Sokowatch’s mobile ordering and delivery platform to receive the goods they need as quickly and cheaply as possible while also accessing growth financing for the first time. We’re looking to grow our team with highly talented and motivated employees who are excited to work in a fast-paced and dynamic startup environment.
Role: Internal Auditor
We are looking for an objective and trustworthy Internal Auditor to add value and improve our operations by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes. The successful candidate must understand the organisation’s processes, operations and goals and is familiar with the industry’s best practices. They should possess a thorough knowledge of accounting procedures and a sound judgement.
- Ensure compliance with established internal control procedures by examining records, reports, operating practices, and documentation.
- Verify assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
- Complete audit workpapers by documenting audit tests and findings.
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- They work with management to monitor internal controls, mitigate risks posed to the organization and provide feedback about audit plans.
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- Atleast 5 years of related experience in a complex structured organisation.
- Advanced computer skills on MS Office, Gsuite, accounting softwares and databases
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data and to compile detailed reports
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognised institution. (MBA, ACCA, CA or CIA is a bonus).
- To be able to travel regularly within allocated branches.