Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
SWVL is a fast-growing data-driven company that is disrupting the public transportation market in Kenya and is continuously making people’s lives better. We started with an observation of the over-dependence on personal cars and the consequent pains of moving around the city. Rush hours, traffic, terrible driving habits and unavailability of parking spots came to mind in addition to the pain of the high cost of on-demand services.
Our goal is to transform the transportation scene in Kenya, by providing a technology-based alternative to public transportation; a smart solution that solves the transportation equation, leading to helping more commute for less, with ease and comfort.
SWVL is a revolutionary idea born out of passion and a strong desire to change people’s lives. We strive to provide more than just a means to facilitate commuting and have a hunger to provide out of the box solutions, encourage the contribution of youth in innovation, and inspire change. We currently have operations in five countries, Kenya, Egypt, Pakistan, Dubai and Jordan.
About the Role | Head of Operations:
SWVL is looking for a Head of Operations who will be an important member of the core leadership team. This person will shape and execute the supply acquisition and engagement strategy for the next phase of the business, carefully considering the stage and competitive context of the business and the different requirements across the country.
This person will be reporting into the Global Head of Operations.
- Set the vision and develop a strategy of operations and experience in Kenya in coordination with the central operations team.
- Influence and coordinate a variety of levers, some of which are owned by your team (supply lifecycle management), and some of which are owned by cross-functional teams (brand marketing, performance marketing) to achieve shared strategic objectives.
- Maintain a pulse on the industry landscape to constantly assess opportunity areas, document and communicate market intelligence.
- Build a high performing team and motivate them to continually achieve higher levels of business impact.
- Develop, own and track supply operations OKRs across Kenya involving supply acquisition and engagement KPIs.
Does this sound like you?
- 9+ years of relevant experience in a fast-moving environment.
- 5+ years of people management experience.
- Great track record of leading functions like operations, strategy, business analytics, program/project management.
- Strong stakeholder management skills with prior experience working with internal/external senior leadership.
- An MBA degree from a reputed institution.
- Prior background in Management Consultancy.
- Excellent business judgement and strategic thinking skills.
- A fast learner and analytical in all aspects of work.