Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Founded in 2015, JUMO’s mission is to empower emerging market entrepreneurs with financial choices. It has been an exciting and challenging journey, with many achievements and setbacks. At times, we have had to make difficult decisions, most recently this has been to focus on delivering a strong, lean operating model that builds on our clear successes and reduces our exposure in untested markets.
At JUMO we believe that we have the opportunity in our lifetime to connect every entrepreneur to the financial products they need to grow and prosper. We need exceptional people in key roles to make that happen. Joining JUMO requires boldness, resilience, and innovation. You will need to embrace change and operate comfortably in uncharted territory.
Our environment is designed to foster innovation and enable collaboration, working from one of our Tech Hubs in South Africa, Kenya or Portugal. We operate a remote first working approach where working remotely is our default way of working. We have co-working spaces available in Cape Town and Nairobi for collaboration and connection and for the use of those who value and want to work out of an office. We provide access to co-working spaces on a needs basis for collaboration and connection for all our engineers and employees working from our Porto hub.
As Junior Software Engineer you will be accountable for solving complex technical problems with solutions that are scalable, testable, maintainable, and efficient. You will report to the Tech Lead.
- Work in an agile cross-functional team, delivering quality code you can be proud of
- In collaboration with team members, successfully plan and deliver technologies that improve a major portion of a system/service design, product, application or process
- Work with a modern but pragmatic Tech Stack (i.e. Kotlin, Spring Boot, Docker, Terraform, Kubernetes, Datadog, Jenkins + Spinnaker for CI/CD, AWS), building a highly scalable distributed system
- Led and supported by an experienced, hands-on Tech Lead
What you’ll need
- Experience designing, developing and testing software
- Hands-on experience with the design and development of high-volume/low-latency services
- Experience with cloud-based infrastructure, ideally AWS
We ask a lot of each other at JUMO, but we give a lot too.
● Collaborating with smart, engaging people
● Working for impact
● Growing and learning continuously, with loads of encouragement and support
● Boldly taking risks as we navigate new challenges
● Flexible work practices enabling your best delivery
● Being autonomous and empowered to lead
● A stack of leading-edge technologies
At JUMO, we believe that diversity strengthens our teams and strive in our recruitment process to create an environment where people from every background can collaborate and prosper and be themselves.