Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
St Andrew’s Turi is one of the most prominent international schools in Kenya and has an outstanding reputation throughout Africa. Founded as a preparatory School for children of expatriates in 1931, it has
grown to comprise both Preparatory and Senior Schools and to welcome children of over 25 nationalities, the majority of whom are now African. St Andrew’s has a strong Christian foundation and ethos, which define and
govern the nature and work of the School today. While children from all faith backgrounds are welcome, the School’s Christian character is clearly evident in its underlying educational philosophy and practice.
The School’s vision is to be the leading School in East Africa, preparing self -disciplined, confident and compassionate students who live and lead with integrity. It is fully coeducational and boarding, teaches the British Curriculum and sends pupils to universities in the UK, America, Australia and many other parts of the world. Specifically at the Prep School, the British curriculum is taught. The majority of pupils move from the Prep School to Senior School, though a significant minority also go on to leading independent schools in the UK and South Africa.
St Andrew’s is characterised by the highest professional standards and offers a vibrant and industrious community, ensuring excellent professional development within the context of a committed full boarding school.
The School is situated on a beautiful 450-acre site on the western slopes of the Rift Valley some 200 km NW of Nairobi. All members of staff are housed on the campus in School accommodation and enjoy significant domestic help. Near the Equator and at 2600m, the climate is temperate and it is Malaria free.
- St Andrew’s, Prep School is seeking to appoint a appoint a Head of Art & Technology who will be responsible to the Deputy Head Academic for the provision of Art throughout the Preparatory School, as well as contributing across all areas of school life.
- Their chief responsibility will be to provide the highest standards of Art with the aim of achieving excellent learning outcome for each child through outstanding teaching and learning within the department.
- The Head of Art could teach from Years 1 to 8. St Andrew’s Prep School follows the British Curriculum throughout the School.
- St Andrew’s Prep School is committed to providing a vibrant co-curricular and boarding program to which all staff contribute.
- A suitable candidate may be offered any of the following positions, Girls boarding houseparent, Assistant Head Pastoral, and Equestrian Manager.
- Working at St Andrew’s Prep School is an exciting and dynamic experience.
We look to recruit committed and resourceful staff, who are looking to not only develop their skills and leadership capacities, but also embrace new experiences and challenges.
- There are some things that are essential to working with us.
- The successful Candidate will need to be able to support the School’s aims and Christian ethos.
- They will have to have a good degree as well as a recognized teaching qualification, such as PGCE, and of course, the relevant experience. Beyond that we want to have staff who love working as part of a team; who are first class communicators and who are passionate about the subjects and the pupils they teach; who are creative and diligent in their planning; who are adaptable, energetic and resilient.
- This post would suit a current Head of Department looking for a new challenge and looking to develop their leadership skills.
- Alternatively, the role might suit an exceptional individual with experience gained as a Teacher of Art who has a desire for greater challenge and responsibility.
- Experience of working in a Prep School, or in boarding would be desirable, but not essential.
- Above all, what matters is a commitment to help us provide a world class education for our children.
- A good degree
- Recognized teaching qualification e.g. PGCE
- A demonstrable commitment to professional self improvement
- Experience of teaching KS3 in Art & Technology
- A proven track record of excellent teaching and classroom management skills
- Successful experience in raising student achievement and adding value.
- Current Head of Department
- Experience of teaching KS2 / KS4 in Art & Technology.
- Experience of boarding
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Well developed ICT Skills
- Ability to use a range of teaching strategies to support the full range of educational needs.
- Evidence of being able to lead , manage and be responsible for initiatives/ developments.
- Knowledge of current generic developments in teaching and learning.
- Support the School’s Christian ethos
- Excellent organisational skills
- Enthusiasm for the subject and a desire to communicate that to others.
- Willing to work within the context of a busy boarding School including evening and weekend duties.
- An ability to offer co curricular expertise, e.g. Coach games
- Knowledge of child protection procedures
- Commitment to the safeguarding and protection of children and to the personal development of our pupils.
Method of applications
Applicants should send a completed application form together with a brief covering letter and a CV to the Director of HR at the School (HRDirector@turimail.co.ke) by Thursday 15th April, 2021 at the latest. The application form and further information about the School can be found on the School Website. The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the DBS Disclosure and Barring Service.