Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Teach For All’s Global Grantmaking team is seeking a qualified candidate to fill the role of Manager, Global Grantmaking Programs. This role is ideal for someone with strong analytical, strategic thinking, relationship-building and project management skills, who gets energy from operating in an ambiguous, fast-moving and dynamic environment.
This role is responsible for:
- Providing data analyses to support decision-making and learning for the Global Grantmaking team and other internal teams
- Collaborating with programmatic, grant compliance, and fundraising staff to develop grantee-centered application and reporting processes and templates that meet Teach For All’s needs
- Managing the full grant process with grantees, including but not limited to managing internal workflows, sharing application forms and feedback, and compiling reports and communicating related feedback – always engaging with grantees in ways that deepen relationships and foster trust and learning
- Working with the Director, Global Grantmaking Programs and grant compliance staff to support programmatic staff to thoughtfully, consistently and equitably review applications and report materials from grantees
This individual will join a two-person team that works in close partnership with the Grant Compliance/Finance team, as well as Teach For All’s programmatic and fundraising staff, to manage about USD $10 million annually in grants to 50+ organizations around the world. Teach For All is a global network of over 50 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Our grantees are our partner organizations, who are developing leadership in classrooms and communities to ensure all children can fulfill their potential.
- Teach For All staff have access to timely, accurate and complete data about our grantmaking programs, so that we can understand our progress, make informed decisions, shift actions to apply learnings (e.g. programmatic support to grantees), and share information within our staff, network and with external stakeholders
- Grantees receive relevant, consistent and equitable reviews of their application and reporting materials
- Grantees feel our grantmaking processes and communications strengthen the relationship between Teach For All and grantees, and foster trust and bi-directional learning
- Through grantee proposals and reports, Teach For All develops enduring and deep relationships with the donors who make our grantmaking programs, and manages grants in alignment with donor intent and regulations around international grantmaking
Data Analysis & Reporting (40%)
- Manage systems and update cycles for programmatic data related to our grantmaking programs, including engaging with programmatic, fundraising, and finance teams on projections
- Work closely with Teach For All’s data team to ensure we have accurate and relevant data to understand the impact of our grantmaking programs, have a regular cadence for reflection on this data, and are syncing/ensuring consistency in data received from grantees and Teach For All’s other data systems
- Develop and maintain systems to enable us to identify trends in the information we’re receiving from partners as part of our grantmaking programs
- Write and disseminate analyses that foster learning for our grantmaking programs, as well as support the work of other Teach For All teams
- Prepare reports and presentations on giving history, projections, and trends on the organization’s grantmaking for internal and external audiences
Implementation of Subgrant Processes with Partners (30%)
- Coordinate grantmaking processes for grantees and Teach For All staff, providing end to end support and guidance from the internal planning phase to reporting and grant close-out
- Update centralized grantmaking systems to enable streamlined coordination across multiple internal teams and hundreds of grants
- Engage with Teach For All staff to create and execute application and reporting templates and processes that meet programmatic, fundraising, and compliance needs, apply international grantmaking best practices, and ensure an experience for grantees that strengthens our relationship (taking their perspective and operating environment into consideration)
- Periodically host kick-off calls with Teach For All fundraising staff and grantees on complex partnerships
- Review grantee applications and reports for completeness and against Teach For All data systems; collect missing requirements
- Provide reviewers with access to applications and reports, as well as relevant context
- Document and track application and report review notes and/or ratings
- Document and communicate feedback and decisions to grantees
- Communicate grantee activity to internal and external stakeholders
- Troubleshoot and track grant challenges
Grantmaking Learning Circle (25%)
- Launch and lead an organization-wide learning circle to do initial reviews of applications and reports from grantees
- Manage the onboarding and ongoing support to members of the learning circle to ensure thoughtful, consistent and equitable reviews
- Develop and execute process and calendar for timely and consistent reviews of grantee materials, including efficient ways to gather information for the data analyses
Grantmaking Operations (5%)
- Manage tools, analyses and regular meetings with Teach For All’s Corporate Fundraising Team
- Lead documentation management systems related to subgrants
- Minimum of four years of full-time work experience, preferably with some exposure to grantmaking
- Proven track record of creating and managing self and others against complex project plans, preferably in cross-cultural environments with multiple stakeholders and fast-moving timelines
- Strong data analysis and visualization skills, including connecting data across multiple resources to surface trends, questions and learnings, and communicating those findings effectively to diverse audiences
- Experience in advanced Excel analysis and modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook); Familiarity with Salesforce and/or Foundation Connect (or other grant management platform) a plus
- Experience with a Teach For All network partner a plus but not required
- Fluency in English required; Proficiency in Arabic a plus but not required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exceptional judgment, analytical thinking, and problem solving skills
- Great attention to detail and high standard of excellence for work products even when operating with time and capacity constraints
- Strong relationship -building skills, and adaptability and flexibility to work collaboratively with diverse individuals and organizations across a wide range of cultural contexts, both remotely and in-person
- Strong sense of ownership of all aspects of a workstream (i.e., deliverables, deadlines, etc.) and skill in managing projects to completion without having direct management relationships
- Excellent communication skills, including good listening skills and clear written and oral communication that can convey information in an accessible manner to diverse audiences
- Strong team player who can take the lead when necessary to work toward team goals but can also follow others’ lead and recognize other team members’ contributions
- Commitment to personal learning and development, and openness to feedback
- Ability to work effectively amidst ambiguity and in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced, and results-oriented culture, including willingness to operate outside of your formal role to ensure the success of the team and the broader organization
- Exemplifies Teach For All’s core values:
- Sense of Possibility: We believe in the extraordinary potential of all children and in our collective potential to realize our aspirations, and so we act with courage, boldness, urgency and perseverance in pursuit of transformational impact.
- Locally Rooted and Globally Informed: We value the enormous assets in the communities where we work, immerse ourselves in local perspectives, needs and opportunities, and work in deep partnership with students, families, educators, and community members—all while also seeking to build our understanding of what is possible based on insights from outside of our communities and countries.
- Constant Learning: We commit to continuous education, reflection and improvement as the foundation for the transformational leadership we strive to develop.
- Diversity & Inclusiveness: We seek to ensure full participation of people from all cultures and backgrounds, and we believe those who have themselves experienced the inequities we’re working to address should guide and lead this work.
- Interdependence: In recognition of our shared humanity and interconnectedness, we work with generosity and compassion to help each other develop and grow.
Candidates for this position must possess appropriate work authorization for the country in which they are based.
Travel and Hours
Travel possible when it is safe to do so and in accordance with local travel guidelines. Given that we work across different time zones, some non-traditional hours for early or later calls are an expectation of this role.
Salary for this position is competitive and based on prior experience. In addition, a comprehensive benefits package is included.
About Teach For All
Teach For All is a global network of over 50 independent, locally led and governed partner organizations and a global organization that works to accelerate the progress of the network. Each network partner recruits and develops promising future leaders to teach in their nations’ under-resourced schools and communities and, with this foundation, to work with others, inside and outside of education, to ensure all children are able to fulfill their potential. Teach For All’s global organization works to increase the network’s impact by capturing and spreading learning, facilitating connections among partners, accessing global resources, and fostering the leadership development of partner staff, teachers, and alumni.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusiveness
We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive organization that inspires individuals of all backgrounds – across nationalities, races, ethnicity, religions, political views, economic backgrounds, sexual orientations, physical disabilities, languages, ages, genders and prior experiences – to bring their full selves to the work of ensuring educational opportunity for all.
In order to maximize our effectiveness in fulfilling Teach For All’s mission, we also feel it is important to focus on increasing representation and inclusiveness with respect to two dimensions in particular: we prioritize diversity of geography because this can help us quickly understand and connect with the diverse cultures and geographies of the world. We also prioritize increasing the representation and inclusiveness of team members who themselves have experienced the inequities we’re working to address by nature of sharing the background (e.g. economic, racial and ethnic, religious) of the most disadvantaged groups in their countries.