Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
• To manage and sustain a portfolio of corporate customers, building long term relationships founded on efficient and reliable support for their business. This is achieved particularly through quick risk decisions and managing consistency and quality of operational service.
• The primary objective is to maximize risk-adjusted portfolio contribution.
• The jobholder will be responsible for business development both with new customers and with existing customers where they are expected to increase “wallet share”.
Sales and Service: 65%
- Maintain Relationship Plans for all customers in the portfolio such that contact with customers is prioritized.
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews of customers borrowing facilities
- Conduct annual and if appropriate, interim reviews with non-borrowing customers
- Determine the key messages, e.g. agreed service standards, negotiated pricing, relationship team contact points and new product changes, deciding upon the most appropriate communication method
- Deal with and find solutions to customer complaints
- Determine the products that are most effective in meeting customer’s needs and be able to sell these at short notice both reactively and proactively.
- Research, create and follow up a target list for potential new business.
Business Management 30%
- Research, create and follow up on a target list for potential new business
- Identify priority customers using the Customer Relationship Planning templates to assess their present and potential contribution.
- Gather all the required information that is needed to prepare and assess credit applications. Role holder will be expected to input certain key information such as judgmental information. (They will work with CMA and CCM resources to construct credit applications).
- Control and quality of the portfolio, using available triggers and adherence to Risk management guidelines and policies.
Staff Management 5%
- Day to day coaching and development of Corporate Managers’ Assistants
- Meeting customers needs
- Business awareness
- Business development
- Managing Relationships
- Analysis and judgement
- Personal Organization
- Decision making
- Team results
- Active listening
Skills required to undertake the role:
- Relationship skills
- Credit Risk skills
- General Corporate skills
- Communications skills
- Negotiation skills
Knowledge of the bank’s products, services and policies required to undertake the role:
- A detailed knowledge of the Corporate set of products as well as a broad understanding of products
- For Complex products, will have a detailed knowledge of the requirements of the more sophisticated customers.
- Introduce the product and co-ordinate the introduction of the relevant Group product specialist.
- A broad understanding of policies and strategies within the country as they relate to the demands of the customer base.
- A detailed understanding of Country and CBRM guidelines and credit risk policies.
Other requirements specific to the role:
- Job holders will be ACIB or equivalent.
Training likely to assist effectiveness in the role, and which may have been completed prior to undertaking this role:
- Internal and external senior risk assessment and management
- Influencing and Negotiating
Additional details of exceptional aspects of the demands of the role:
- Required to form relationships with customers, therefore minimum tenure will be 2 years.
- The jobholder will need to be able to communicate with credibility when dealing with financial controllers of companies. These customer contact points will have high expectations of the Relationship Manager in terms of professionalism, ability to add value to their business and find innovative solutions to their needs.
- The jobholder’s portfolio will consist of a full range of Large Corporate customers who will often be subject to competitive approaches from other banks.
- Business development activity will also be challenged by those competitive pressures.
Bachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)