Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Senior Officer; Monitoring and Evaluation – (21000155)
We are pleased to announce the following vacancy in the Sustainable Business & Social Impact Department within the Corporate Affairs Division. In keeping with our current business needs, we are looking for a person who meets the criteria indicated below:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Foundations Programmes, the successful candidate will be working across both the Safaricom and M-PESA Foundations. He/She will be responsible for the development and management of a robust monitoring and evaluation system, monitoring implementation of the Foundations’ strategy and investment frameworks, monitoring and evaluation of the Foundations’ projects/programmes. The candidate will lead in the Foundations’ data management, reporting and learning; and technical assistance to partners and employees in M&E. He/She will manage the M&E firms, support project/programme identification, lead in research and dissemination of results to stakeholders and represent the Foundations in different forums. The candidate will ensure continuous improvement of the Foundations’ M&E systems and adhere to ISO 26000 guidelines.
Monitoring the Foundations Strategy/Investment Framework:
- Develop and manage the Monitoring and Evaluation framework for the Foundations’ strategies/Framework.
- Analyze and report on the progress of the Foundations’ strategies/frameworks through the relevant dashboards on as per SLAs.
Project Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitor, evaluate and report on the Foundations’ projects/ programmes’ performance on monthly/quarterly basis; and make recommendations for improvement where applicable.
- Coordinate M and E activities for partners and committees
- Monitor the sustainability of the programmes/project’s results
- Coordinate Foundations’ brand research together with the research team
- Lead quarterly projects/programme performance reviews based on pre-agreed targets/milestones
- Track and report on the Foundations’ annual workplan
- Manage and monitor the external contracted M&E firms to ensure adherence to agreed upon monitoring and evaluation plans, Service Level Agreements and reporting systems
- Ensure the Foundations’ M&E systems and practices are informed by global and local best practices.
- Develop and maintain the Foundations’ data management system
- Collect all relevant programme/project data as per the SLAs
- Conduct data analytics based on strategy/programme needs to inform reporting at different levels
- Conduct data quality assessments and audits for the Foundations’ programmes/projects.
- Maintain a robust Foundations’ M&E database
- Conduct periodic update trainings on M&E for the Foundations team, partners, subcommittees, project champions as may be required
Reporting and Learning
- Compile reports for the Foundations and other key stakeholders as required
- Deliver the Foundations partners’ quarterly learning forums
- Conduct contextual analysis/research to inform implementation of the Foundations’ strategy/investment framework.
- Manage the assigned strategy pillar and region through programme development, partnerships management, implementation and reporting.
Representation and Partnerships
- Represent the Foundations in the different committees, technical working groups and forums as necessary
- Manage partnerships (including the community) to ensure engagement and delivery of impactful projects/programmes.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university preferably in Monitoring and Evaluation, Social Sciences, Sociology or Statistics
- At least 5 years of experience in the design and implementation of M&E frameworks in development programmes/projects
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of programme evaluation designs
- Experience in designing tools, templates and strategies for data collection, analysis and reporting
- Proven experience in design, development and management of M&E databases
- Expertise in analyzing data and development of dashboards
- Five years of project/programme management experience and working experience in a busy environment
- Certification/post graduate qualification in project management, philanthropy project management by a recognized professional body will be an added advantage
- Good communicator with attention to details
- Proven analytical and report writing skills
- Ability and willingness to travel to project/programme sites
Note to Applicants
As part of the interview process, external candidates should prepare the following documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage based on your performance in the interviews/assessments.
- a) An updated CV with contacts of three referees, 2 who must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field.
- b) Kenyan Certificate of Good Conduct (Less than 1 year old) or a receipt of the same from the CID pending release of the hardcopy document.
- c) Clearance certificate from a reputable Credit Reference Bureau (CRB).
- d) University Diploma/Degree Certificate/ Letter of completion from University in case you have not received your diploma/degree certificate.
- e) National ID/Passport.
Deadline is 14th April,2021