Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Under the general direction and guidance of the Programmes and Strategy Lead, the Programme Manager – Women’s Rights and Governance will be responsible to provide leadership, growth and coordination of AAIK’s work on engaging with the national social movements and coalitions for policy influencing on women rights. The execution will focus on strengthening the approaches to realise the organization’s aspirations on Women’s Rights and Governance. Programme Manager -Women’s Rights and Governance will be responsible for strategic direction, growth and coordination of AAIK’s work on engaging with the national social movements and coalitions for policy influencing on women rights issues and manage approaches to women rights and governance work. The role will conceptualize, design, mobilize resources, implement and report on initiatives, monitoring programme quality, documentation and dissemination of innovations and good practices. The role holder will oversee cost effective programmes in Women Rights governance programmes aimed at building the capacity of women and girls from communities living in poverty and exclusion to gain power to secure their rights. S/he will ensure that the Women’s Rights and Governance programming is of excellent technical quality, attracts significant donor funding and contributes to AAIK’s strategic objectives, national/global learning, and advocacy.
- A bachelor’s degree in social sciences, policy development or its equivalent from a recognized University;
- A minimum of six (6) years post-academic experience in women’s rights and governance programming;
- Demonstrable experience in working within influential coalitions and networks;
- Demonstrable experience in advocacy and campaigns on women’s rights and governance programming;
- Demonstrable experience in building capacity of partners and staff on Disaster Response, Risk reduction and resilience building;
- Experience of managing partnership relationships; and
- Understanding of different donor requirements and ways of working.
Please send your CV and cover letter to hresources.Kenya@actionaid.org by close of business on the 13th April, 2021. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. PLEASE CLEARLY INDICATE WHICH POSITION YOU ARE APPLYING FOR IN THE SUBJECT LINE.
Due to high volumes of applications received, we can only correspond with short listed applicants. ActionAid International promotes diversity and welcomes applications from all section of the community.