Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To ensure the efficient management of our Operations (Facilities & Estates), IT services, transport, leases and contracts, Health and Safety, environmental awareness (EFT) and Protocol for the SSA Regional Office and Kenya Country Office in Nairobi. The post holder will also work closely with the Regional Head of Security and the BHC’s Overseas Security Manager to ensure the security of our premises, resources and staff.
Challenges & Accountabilities
The ideal candidate will join the Kenya Team to offer project finance and compliance lead as required for our Grants Programmes, and should have experience in project finance reporting, experience delivering accurate and realistic financial plans, forecasts and budgets. In addition you will be accountable for Strategy Development and Implementation , working with Regional SSA and Kenya Leadership Team, Global Estates and Risk Teams, you will support the development of Kenya Estates strategy. You will also lead the delivery of the strategy and plan and monitor/evaluate to ensure it remains viable and cost effective.
You will be responsible for management and delivery of the Facilities & Estates function, IT, Office Admin and Protocol as well as accountable for the BC Kenya & SSA Regional Office Platform & Running Costs. Part of your role will also be to ensure sound budget management and reporting in line with corporate requirements, so some knowledge of finance management would be advantageous. Also, within the scope of your role are the management of the delivery and maintenance of a fit for purpose estate in Kenya including office and residential premises to meet corporate compliance standards and internal customers’ needs; liaise with British High Commission to support import and timely clearance of goods sourced outside of Kenya. Work with BHC on joint tenders for services where this makes sense (e.g. cleaning, garden maintenance, security, catering) and proactively manage the relationship with key suppliers and specifically the quality of service / value for money from suppliers identifying opportunities for efficiencies. As with any business that experiences peaks and troughs of activity, there is likely to be a need to work outside office hours from time to time.
The successful candidate will need to possess the following requirements:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with a professional qualification in a property -related discipline supported by full membership of and accreditation with a relevant professional property institute (such as RICS, RIBA, BIFM or CIBSE in the UK or relevant regional equivalent.)
- A minimum of 5 years of proven experience in a similar role within the corporate sector, public /NGO sector
- Experience of managing a portfolio of medium to large-scale operations/project
- Business/commercial financial management
- Proven experience of working with senior key stakeholders (Internal and External
- Evidence of quality management service delivery/support function so as to deliver improvements in service quality to customers and users.
- Evidence of managing and working in a multi-disciplinary property or estates team carrying out a mix of different functions or delivering different services.
- Experience of working in a global context with SBU and /or country operations.
- Member (by examination) of an internationally accredited organization such as IOSH or NFPA
- Experience in a similar role in an international organization
Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
Closing Date 23 April 2021 applications will close 23:59 Nigeria Time