Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Start Date: ASAP
End Date: Freelancer
Organic searches have been driving a significant volume of traffic to the Greenpeace Africa website. In addition to this, a substantial number of donations are also coming from organic searches. It is therefore imperative for Greenpeace Africa to capitalise on this channel. An SEO content writer would be required to help achieve this.
The SEO Content Writer role:
The primary task of the candidate is to write SEO friendly content that will drive Greenpeace Africa’s ranking on search engines. This requires a deep understanding of current trends in the digital landscape, SEO trends and best practices, search engines and ranking factors.
- Write SEO-friendly copy for Greenpeace Africa website pages, including blogs.
- Optimise or rewrite existing content on the Greenpeace Africa website to improve search rankings (page titles, meta descriptions, h1s, alts, anchor text, etc.).
- Use digital research tools to identify search trends, and then create content that optimises search results.
- Monitor performance and improve on-page SEO of all website content including blogs, press releases etc.
- Provide regular reporting on SEO performance and draw actionable insights from the reports.
- Conduct keyword research and content strategies for targeting and ranking for high-volume keywords.
- Conduct keyword research to optimise existing content and uncover new content opportunities.
- Gain insights from analytics on what Greenpeace Africa supporters are looking for, how they engage with our digital presence, and measure the effectiveness of our SEO strategy and tactics.
- Prioritise and create content based on current and best performing organic searches.
- Monitor organic performance through a variety of tools like Google Analytics, Google Search Console, or SEMrush.
- Collaborate with digital and campaign team members to ensure a cohesive SEO strategy.
- Audit existing content on the Greenpeace Africa website and the structure of the website, and provide recommendations for SEO improvement.
- Degree in copywriting, digital marketing or similar qualification.
- Excellent verbal communication skills in English.
- Sound understanding of SEO and best practices.
- Excellent writing skills in English.
- Hands on experience with digital channels (Google Analytics, websites, keyword search tools, etc.)
- A basic understanding of storytelling.
- Understanding of content metrics and KPIs.
The candidate will be working very closely with our digital team (social media, email and web developer) on a daily basis. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Digital.
Scope of work – writing for digital:
The main responsibility of this candidate is to write compelling SEO friendly content for the Greenpeace Africa website.
Send your CV to Rafrica@greenpeace.org
with GPAF SEO Content Writer as subject.
Deadline: 12 April 2021