Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Naro Moru River Lodge strives to be the preferred provider of hospitality services that exceed customer expectations. The company seeks to do so while improving the living standards of its employees and the local community. The company will ensure optimum shareholders return and security of their investment, whilst contributing to environmental conservation.
The Operations Manager is responsible for providing overall leadership & support to the hotel management team, ensuring optimal efficiency of hotel operations and implementing profit maximization strategies/solutions in line with stakeholders’ expectations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include: (Not limited to)
- Provide managerial leadership to all staff.
- Responsible for creating a collaborative and cohesive work environment with the HODs.
- Ensure the hotel premises are in operative condition having met all safety regulations, health, legal and licencing requirements.
- Conduct regular operations team meetings to discuss operational matters, sales targets, guest experience feedback, restaurant feedback and any staff issues.
- Closely monitor departmental overheads/ expenditures and keep them within allowable cost margins.
- In collaboration with the respective HOD, inspect store inventory and ensure stocks are in adequate levels and of acceptable quality.
- Work with the purchasing officer to establish a vendor’s database which includes vendor details, pre-qualification criteria, comparative price lists, contracts and periodic assessment evaluations.
- With the respective HOD, implement departmental SOPs and monitor the same on routine operational spot checks.
- Conduct routine inspection of premises to ensure cleanliness, ambience, service readiness and proper staff grooming.
- Facilitate interdepartmental coordination to ensure smooth operations at all times.
- Continuously develop human capital by providing mentorship and coaching to HODs and support staff.
- Be on call to deal with guest complaints and emergency issues.
- Offer guidance on hotel marketing and assist on sales leads and conversion into guaranteed business.
- Set-up, reassess all monthly departmental/ staff sales targets.
- Review and analyse hotel operations to identify inefficiencies and areas of improvement.
- Oversee all hotel projects and liaise with contractors for their timely completion.
- Prepare required financial reports, budgets and revenue forecasts.
- Prepare, circulate and present customized reports to the HODs and Board of Directors.
- Provide prompt and consistent feedback to the Board on the entire scope of hotel operations.
Qualifications & Prerequisites:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management.
- 5-7 years’ cross departmental experience in the hospitality industry, with at least 3 years in top management/ operations manager role.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in use of the Hotel Information Management Systems.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Must be highly organized.
- Must have exceptional communication skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Must be friendly and able to multitask efficiently.
- Must have excellent customer relations and people management skills.
- Must be able to work well under pressure and under minimum supervision.
- Must have conflict resolution skills to keep guests happy and to help guarantee their continued patronage
Method of application
Qualified candidates are urged to email their CV only to email@example.com Canvassing will lead to immediate disqualification. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.