Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
To develop and implement an effective Philanthropy fundraising strategy for Sense International that supports income growth and ensures that we deepen our relationships with existing donors and proactively engage new supporters.
Sense International’s income has grown considerably in the last 2 years and this role continues to be integral to our success. Due to the proximity you have to our projects and county teams you will witness first-hand how your work directly impacts the lives of children and young people with deafblindness.
- To develop and implement an effective Philanthropy fundraising strategy for Sense International as well as yearly operational plans to ensure future income growth.
- To set and monitor income and expenditure budgets and KPIs in line with the Philanthropy fundraising strategy.
- To develop a Philanthropy programme designed to interest, engage and secure philanthropic support for Sense International including managing our donor pipeline and Ambassador Giving Circle and overseeing our Mid-level giving offering.
- To design and deliver tailored stewardship plans to inspire and engage current high-net worth individuals to ensure long-term support.
- To work closely with the Sense International Trustees, Senior Volunteers and Executive Team to explore networks and grow our prospect pipeline ensuring that every prospect has a tailored cultivation plan and is engaged by our work.
- To support Sense International Trustees, Senior Volunteers and Executive Team in the cultivation process by providing briefing documents, setting up meetings and supporting in the solicitation of gifts.
- To work closely with the Special Events Manager to develop and deliver a programme of cultivation/stewardship events and co-ordinate follow-ups with donors and prospects in line with plans.
- To communicate Sense International’s vision and our work on the ground (both verbally and in writing) in a persuasive and knowledgeable manner preparing well targeted proposals, pitches and reports.
- To work collaboratively across Sense International to maximise opportunities and networks as well as to help develop robust fundraising proposals and budgets.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
- In-depth experience of philanthropy fundraising and knowledge of best practise fundraising techniques.
- Experience of building excellent relationships with high-net worth individuals and producing cultivation and stewardship plans for new and existing supporters respectively.
- Experience of working with Trustees, Senior Volunteers and Executive Team to identify prospects and steward donors.
- Ability to understand a donor and exercise judgement with respect to an individual’s giving capacity and when/how and what to ask including experience of ‘making the ask’ and a proven track record of securing substantial gifts.
- Experience in setting and managing budgets including reforecasting and reporting against targets.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate passionately and persuasively.
- Ability to effectively plan and prioritise a complex and varied workload while meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to use own initiative and develop creative ideas to develop opportunities and solve problems
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across an organisation to achieve a common goal.
- Experience of using a fundraising database to record donor information
- Able to use standard Microsoft Office packages including Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Willing and able to travel internationally to visit programmes and conduct donor visits. NB. International travel will be reviewed within government guidelines and will only be when safe to do so.
- Knowledge and understanding of Sense International’s history, vision and strategy
- Understanding and supportive of our commitment to Equality and Diversity and able to articulate that to key stakeholders
Method of application
Deadline for applications is Tuesday 27 April 2021 17:00 hours.
Interested candidates please submit the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- written application letter (no more than 1 page) – clearly outlining your suitability for this position.
- A Curriculum Vitae of no more than 3 pages
- In your application letter, please indicate your expected gross salary/month and other expected benefits.
Only shortlisted candidates for interview shall be contacted. Interviews will take place on May 12th 2021.