Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The incumbent will be responsible for financial leadership across Aga Khan Health Services East Africa. He/she will direct, advise, coordinate and monitor financial matters covering units in Kenya (Mombasa and Kisumu clusters) and Tanzania with the highest standards of integrity. The successful candidate will directly be overseeing the financial activities at Mombasa as Head of Finance.
As Regional CFO, the individual will work with the Regional CEO based in Tanzania, other Heads of Finance and with other regional staff to provide strategic direction and coordinate regional and international financial matters.
As Head of Finance of Mombasa Hospital Cluster, the incumbent shall work with the relevant Cluster CEO, senior management and be accountable for directing and overseeing the financial function of the Institution by providing strategic inputs, leadership and ensuring compliance with local policies and procedures and international regulations and guidelines.
Strategic financial responsibilities:
- To be the principal financial advisor ensuring clear understanding of financial risks and opportunities and leading the dynamic and flexible use of financial resources to support on-going operations and future strategic expansions of the agencies in East Africa.
- Responsible for the development of new business plans / investment opportunities, develop feasibility studies along with risk profiles and arrange project financing (1) through Commercial and International Development Banks – borrowings and (ii) International Donor Organizations – through grants; this would require coordination with the Geneva Office as well as other AKDN institutions.
- Lead the annual and long-term planning and budgeting process of the Region along with Heads of Finance of the other Clusters; engaging and supporting the Cluster Chief Executive Officers and Senior Management
- Ensure robust financial systems that assure effective controls, transparent and accurate reporting and minimize events of fraud or misuse. Also work closely with the unit based as well as with Regional Internal Auditor to identify and manage regional risks and with the relevant Head of Internal Audit for the Cluster.
- Act as business partner to Cluster CEOs to ensure operational success and to help build the business model, implement tactical and strategic initiatives, and support the company’s performance and growth strategy in East Africa.
- Lead the financial management of the Cluster including general accounting, treasury (including cash flow planning), fixed asset management, payroll, receivable management and recoveries, annual statutory audits and compliance to institutional policies and procedures and the respective statutory laws and regulations.
- Review and oversee appropriateness of insurance policies for the Cluster and in coordination with the legal office
- Facilitate meetings of the Board
- Work closely with Regional Director Projects for management of construction contract and with other regional and local staff for management of projects a process of recording financial transactions related to commercial borrowings and grants as per International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS),
- Oversee development of financial reports, financial ratio (liquidity and gearing ratios) calculation and processes in compliance with Credit Financing Agreement (for commercial borrowings from International Financial and Development Banks) for the Cluster, for Kenya and for the Region.
- Participate in project development and implementation, including IT related systems and projects.
- CPA / CA / CMA / ACCA / CIMA from Kenya or any International Recognized Board;
- Master’s in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance from Kenya or an International Renowned University.
- Minimum of 10 years of professional of working in a similar capacity – experience with a large health care set-ups and Teaching Hospitals / Universities will be given preference.
- Experience implementing Hospital Information System ideally Enterprise Resource System (ERP) and working on multi-million US Dollar financing projects will be an added advantage
- Strong evidence of cultural sensitivity, and excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Commitment to the ideals, values and ethos of the AKDN
- Operates at the highest level of personal and professional integrity
Job Expires 01-May-2021