Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the job
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation with offices in Addis Ababa, Beijing, London, Nairobi, and New Delhi. CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of poor and vulnerable children and adolescents in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children and adolescents have the chance to survive and thrive.
CIFF aims to play a catalytic role as a funder and influencer to deliver urgent and systemic change at scale. Areas of work include empowering girls and boys to control their sexual and reproductive health to avoid unintended pregnancy, unsafe abortion and HIV/AIDS; improving children and mothers’ health and nutrition; preventing low birth weight babies; eliminating deaths from severe acute malnutrition, nested within a more integrated approach to childhood development; and deworming efforts to break transmission for good. CIFF’s child protection work focuses on ending child labour and sexual exploitation by enabling an environment that reduces vulnerability of communities and increases protection of children. The organisation’s climate portfolio is driven by a vision of a climate-safe future for today’s children and future generations that also bear the benefits of cleaner air, energy security and sustainable jobs.
We are privileged, as a financially independent philanthropy, to be able to work in challenging areas that others can’t and we often elect to work on what can be controversial issues that others won’t. For example CIFF is pro-choice with respect to women’s reproductive rights along with the prioritisation of access to reproductive information and to contraceptive choices. It is imperative to the CIFF family, therefore, that prospective candidates are aware of the issues we work on and embrace all our programmatic work with fully open minds to the huge number of ways in which we seek to empower young lives.
CIFF places significant emphasis on quality data and evidence. For most of its grants, CIFF works with partners to measure and evaluate progress to achieve large scale and sustainable impact. The organisation is committed to sharing as much information as possible about what they and their partners are learning.
Founded in 2002, CIFF employs approximately 150 professionals in England, Kenya, India and Ethiopia. CIFF strives to couple business acumen and principles with development experience and best practices to transform the landscape for children. It seeks to be the gold standard in grant making and foundation operations.
Main purpose of the role:
As part of the HR Operations team, you will be responsible for leading on the delivery of the administrative work, providing a high quality, proactive and efficient generalist HR service including advice and guidance and assisting in resolving HR queries to employees and teams. You will also support and deliver various reports, metrics and management information specifically related to your role. You will work closely with all members of the HR Operations team and wider HR team to deliver a professional, efficient and customer focused service across the global CIFF organisation.
HR Systems and Analytics
- Responsible for providing accurate and reliable general management information from the HR system or other data source, manipulating as required to support decision making.
- Act as the first point of contact for employee queries on CIFFs HR systems, providing proactive training or coaching as and when required.
- Supporting the transition to a new HR system (due Q3 2021) and embedding this through the organisation.
- As one of the HR system experts, responsible for updating and accurately maintaining the data, conducting regular checks for data integrity, resolving queries internally and from CIFF employees.
- Take responsibility and proactively dealing with day to day queries at all levels from various sources including ownership of a joint mailbox for operations queries, ensuring that CIFFs policies and procedures are followed, escalating as necessary.
- Maintain an excellent understanding of HR policies and processes to support your role as first point of contact, escalating as appropriate.
- Responsible for issue and compilation of all standard documentation related to the employee lifecycle (including new starters and leavers), ensuring that payroll is updated promptly.
- Collate all relevant new joiner information and forms and ensure staff are set up on relevant systems. Monitoring and managing response rates.
- Arrangement of relevant onboarding and induction schedules.
- Complete the monthly benefit change returns for current and new staff.
- Complete all reference requests for current and previous employees, liaising directly with third parties as necessary.
- Complete relevant employment screening for employees and consultants, highlighting issues as appropriate.
- Standard letter production, including employment verification and contract amendments.
- Take ownership for tracking, drafting, distributing and recording the monthly management of processes to include, probation, fixed term contracts and service anniversaries.
- Undertake the work permit application and renewal process, maintaining a tracker and updating teams as appropriate on status
- Provide support for the HR Operations team during busy periods or absences with administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain strong and robust filing systems in compliance with CIFFs HR retention policy.
- Additional Tasks / Projects
- Support the Head of HR Operations and other members of the HR team as appropriate with the delivery of any ongoing HR Project work as and when required.
- Other ad-hoc administrative duties as required.
Key working relationships
- HR team.
- Sector teams.
- External vendors and providers.
Qualifications & Experience
- CIPD Level 3
- Advanced excel skills – ability to create pivot tables and use formulas for manipulating data.
- High level of proficiency in all Microsoft products including Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience of HR Functions, processes and operational activity.
- Experience of using HR Information Systems.
- Experience of working across an international organisation is essential.
- Experience of immigration and work permit processes in the UK. Experience of immigration outside of the UK is desirable.
- Broad generalist experience gained in a large organisation is essential and in an NGO desirable.