Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Our Diageo Performance Ambition calls for us to create the best performing most trusted and respected consumer products company in the world; this requires us to guarantee our plans with the right people and capabilities. Talent Engagement is the global function that attracts, assesses, and selects external and internal talent that is the best for Diageo to help deliver our performance ambition.
Our goal is to be a world class recruiting function focused on engaging, attracting and hiring the very best and most diverse talent for Diageo. The Talent Engagement Manager is a critical stakeholder relationship role that is focused on ensuring consistent delivery and an excellent candidate experience to achieve Diageo’s Talent Ambition, through all hiring across our organisation.
As we continue to develop our various markets, we are hiring a Talent Engagement Manager to support our business to attract and engage high calibre talent.
Leadership and Functional
We are looking for someone who has a strong background within the recruitment industry, ideally working within a corporate in-house recruitment team. Experience of managing multiple senior stakeholders and championing diverse shortlists of candidates in a fast-paced environment would also be an ideal requirement. Having exceptional consultative skills and be able to influence action and change with stakeholders as well as an ability to listen but also persuasively convey opinions and recommendations would be ideal.
Celebrating our inclusive and diverse culture is core to Diageo’s purpose of “celebrating life every day everywhere”. This purpose is inclusive in nature, as it values everybody irrespective of background, disability, religion, gender identity, sexuality, or ethnicity.
We know that for our business to thrive and for Diageo to realize its ambition, we depend on having diverse talent with a range of backgrounds, skills and capabilities in each of the 180 countries in which we operate and to reflect our broad consumer base. We view diversity as one of the key enablers that helps our business to grow and our values, purpose and standards set the conditions for us to respect the unique contribution each person brings.
Flexibility is key to success in our business and many of our staff work flexibly in many ways, including part-time, compressed hours, flexible location. Please talk to us about what flexibility means to you and don’t let anything stop you from applying.
Purpose of Role
The role of our Talent Engagement Managers is to bring our employer brand and employee value proposition to life by expressing our purpose, values, and ambitions by connecting talent with what makes our culture special.
The Talent Engagement Manager role is highly visible to a large cross section of key and senior stakeholders, many of which will be in critical leadership roles that have a significant impact on the organisation’s ability to achieve key business outcomes and the overall Performance Ambition. The Talent Engagement Manager will be an expert in the resourcing, hiring, and talent planning process and will be a coach and mentor to these key stakeholders.
- Manage the end-to-end recruitment process for all roles across Kenya & Uganda
- Support and maintain/improve the diversity progressive agenda at Diageo with regards to equity and female hires, including people with disability
- Manage onboarding experience for new hires, in partnership with relevant stakeholders
- Dotted-line management of Shared Service employees regarding talent engagement admin
- Partner with functional HRBPs/HRD to draft annual Resourcing Plan
- Partner with functional HRBPs to determine critical, senior, and hard-to-fill (HTF) roles for pipelining purposes.
- Engage external top talent as successors for identified critical, senior, and HTF roles
- Implement best-practice entry-level programmes for Commercial and Supply female external talent
- Manage Mystery Applicant feedback by candidates and internal stakeholders
- Champion the Employer Brand (EVP) agenda across Kenya & Uganda. EVP activities should comply with the Global standard
- Work with Global EVP team to initiate and execute EVP projects through social media platforms
- Manage the recruitment budget on an annual basis. This includes agency fees, EVP activities, background check costs, and all other relevant talent engagement expenses
- Raise and manage purchase orders within the talent engagement remit
- Adhere to all compliance requirements within the talent engagement and broader HR space. This includes but not limited to: Role time-to-fill (TTF), necessary background checks completed per candidate, and adherence to all external communication requirements
- Participate in the Inclusion and Diversity project launched globally, with management of the talent representation pillar as specified locally
- Draft and present offers to successful internal and external candidates
- Draft and annual updates of policies that are relevant to talent engagement and/or the broader HR function
- External agency relationship management and budget adherence
- Reviewing external providers’ SLAs on an annual basis
- Coaching, training, and supporting line managers in the application of talent engagement tools/updates
Qualifications and Experience Required
- University/tertiary degree
- 4-7 years’ experience in recruitment, talent management, or talent acquisition
- Track record of EVP activities implemented, and social media presence
- FMCG experience preferable
- Strong knowledge and demonstrated ability to fill vacancies timeously, cross-functional stakeholder management, and compliance.
Networking, conflict-resolution, ability to work under pressure, stakeholder management, creativity, efficiency, effective communication, and agility.
Barriers to Success in Role
- Inability to work with cross-functional stakeholders
- Inability to adhere to all compliance requirements across Diageo
- Inability to work under pressure
- Inability to adapt to constant change
- Inability to work with global partners