Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Equity Bank is one of the region’s leading banks whose purpose is to transform the lives and livelihoods of the people of Africa socially and economically by availing them modern and inclusive financial services that maximize their opportunities. With a strong footprint in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, South Sudan and DRC Congo, Equity Bank is now home to over 12 million customers – the largest customer base in Africa.
Currently, the Bank is seeking additional talent to serve in the role outlined below within the Procurement Department.
Procurement Category Governance
- Monitoring of approved category strategies to confirm if relevant or require modification
- Development of policies and procedures for defined categories of responsibility:
- Ensures Procurement strategies, policies and procedures for own categories are complied with across the business and resolve any deviations with senior management
- Investigates and secures new/alternative sources of supply, technology, and services to increase margins through the lowering of costs by the introduction of alternative sources which are beneficial to the company within the category management framework & Equity Group Procurement Policy
Supplier Performance Management
- Responsible for supplier performance evaluation and monitoring
- Provide support to business functions in managing the contract execution and ensuring compliance with contractual SLA and KPI’s
- Manage supplier dispute resolutions
- Manage the supplier satisfaction survey process
Contract Negotiation & Management
- Implements procurement strategies and conducts negotiations
- Negotiates agreements to support total business requirements rather than focusing on lowest-price options
- Engages and collaborates with Legal department appropriately for contract database management.
- Creates various types of contracts or agreements that can be used to accomplish the bank’s commercial & technical goals
- Develops standard form contracts for local contracts
Supplier Relationship Management
- Payment processing for warehousing service providers, transporters & customs clearing agents to ensure timely payment to vendors.
- Effective follow up & liaison with vendors for timely availability of material
- Ensuring timely feedback/ response to Queries
- Closely coordinating between End user and Vendor
Budgeting, Procurement Planning & Reporting
- Produce regular reports on performance by Procurement category assigned and provide comprehensive management information and in-depth analysis when requested including spend analysis, savings secured and potential savings – for forecast and budgets
- Develop and execute annual departmental cost optimization targets for the annual Budget and procurement planning process;
- Reporting weekly KPIs on the Logistics inbound, outbound activity
- Ensuring that the Procurement team receives the motivation, training and development, coaching and guidance to enable them to keep abreast of latest developments and achieve their maximum contribution.
- Academic requirement – University Degree with MBA as an added advantage.
- Professional qualification (e.g. CIPS or any other equivalent qualification)
- Member of a recognized procurement professional body locally or globally;
- Length of minimum Procurement & Logistics experience – 5 years
- Length of minimum Procurement category management experience – 3 Years
- Proven skills and experience in Procurement Category Management Extensive experience in category procurement at a group level is preferred but not mandatory
- Excellent knowledge of procurement systems or ERP and Microsoft Office is necessary