Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BuuPass works with transport operators to provide digital solutions that seamlessly facilitate convenient and reliable movement for commuters.
Currently, we have partnered with Easy Coach, Modern Coast, Greenline and other bus companies to facilitate efficient and seamless ticketing online on http://www.buupass.com and offline on USSD code *877# available on all Safaricom lines.
We’re looking for a highly motivated and productivity-centred candidate to join our team. You will be working in an autonomous, agile environment with a small team that values collaboration, learning, and sharing. By joining us, you would be joining a tight-knit team in at a time when you can make a real impact on the direction of the company. Being a startup the work is fast-paced and varied – you are flexible to change and motivated to deliver the best product possible.
Core Role Responsibilities:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud-based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of production systems. Build, release and configuration management of production systems.
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products/services. System troubleshooting and problem-solving across platform and application domains. Suggesting architecture improvements, recommending process improvements.
- Ensuring critical system security through the use of best in class cloud security solutions.
Required Skills and Experience:
- AWS: 2+ years’ experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, Bastion, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24×7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management tools.
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation skills. Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios). Problem Solving:
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment issues.\Design and deploy cloud solutions on AWS Migrate existing systems to the new cloud solution Monitor and maintain high availability Apply patches and upgrades Desired Skills (Not essential but beneficial to have): OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (PHP, Nodejs, Python).
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN. Strong support & troubleshooting skills Educational Requirements: B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent technical discipline.
Other Candidate Requirements:
- Professional commitment to high quality, and a passion for learning new skills.
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn new concepts and technologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills, including providing simple solutions to complex situations.
- Must be a strong team player with the ability to communicate and collaborate effectively
How to Apply