Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
Location : Mathare/Eastland’s Project
Length of contract : 3 months’ probation period-renewable based on performance.
Application deadline: 22nd April 2021
Organize and ensure medical consultations for patients and/or a target population providing treatment to patients within the scope of his/her medical competencies and referring patients with conditions falling beyond his competencies, in order to guarantee quality and efficiency of the service provided. This will be done in accordance to the context, MSF protocols, procedures and the universal hygiene standards.
- Ensure the implementation and standardization of MSF clinical policies, tools, and hygiene protocols in order to minimize clinical risks and to granting quality of patient case management.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records
- Provision of patient centred care and implement all procedures (diagnosis, physical examination, prescription and health education that fall under the scope of his/her competencies applying medical knowledge, asking appropriate questions to patients and following protocols in force as well as using laboratory services when necessary, in order to ensure a correct implementation of the medical treatments and to refer patients when appropriate.
- Participate in the planning and supervising, in close coordination with other supervisors, the HR processes (sizing, staff shifts, recruitment, training, evaluation, development and communication) of the team in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required, improve people triage capabilities, their motivation and commitment and their active participation in teaching the targeted population on therapeutic and preventive protocols.
- Provision of emergency medical services to victims of accidents, mass casualties, urban violence and other medical emergency according to MSF protocols and guidelines.
- Record in individual patient’s card and registration books all medical activities (drugs prescribed, lab results, vaccination status, epidemiological activity, doses, etc.) performed keeping data traceability in order to ensure patients treatment continuity.
- Participate in data collection and reporting when required
- Know and implement Patient Therapeutic Education (PTE), i.e. keeping contact with all patients, providing them information regarding their health state and responding to their questions.
- Know and promote the proper application of Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit and Sexually Gender Based Violence (SGBV)
- Provide medical services while at all times observing IPC guidelines
- Know, promote and provide medical services to survivors of sexual and gender based violence according to the MSF SGBV protocol
- Minimum of a diploma in Clinical Medicine from an accredited medical school
- Must have a valid practicing license from the Clinical Officer Council of Kenya
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- Essential: English and Kiswahili.
- Desirable: Somali Speaking
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Good communication skills both verbal and in written
- Detail oriented and meticulous in all aspects of work
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Able to work in strenuous condition with minimal supervision
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 22nd April, 2021 under the subject “Clinical Officer” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)