Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an independent international medical humanitarian organization providing assistance to people affected by armed conflicts, epidemics, natural or non-natural disasters or persons excluded from access to care health. The organization has health projects in more than 68 countries.
Location : Mathare/Eastland’s Project
Length of contract : 3 months’ probation period-renewable based on performance
Application deadline: 22nd April 2021
Provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment .
- Organize and carry out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, as well as assist them during consultations/ daily rounds and other medical procedures.
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort.
- Provision of Patient Centred care while respecting Medical ethics and confidentiality
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients meaning assessment of their health state evolution, and identification of emergency situation or any deterioration,
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring team work
- Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (carrying out inventories, carrying out stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover, ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, checking its quality and its functioning, storage conditions, doing follow-up of expired drugs, etc.).
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents (fill in patients files, forms, consumptions, statistics, etc.), ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed.
- For EMT, ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor.
- If applicable, identify Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and refer them to the medical team, so they can receive the necessary treatment.
- Knows and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Sends material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization.
- MUST be trained and certified as an Emergency Medical Technician, registered with the EMT’s board and have a valid practice license
- Additional: BLS, ATLS and ACLS certification an added advantage
Experience: Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
Languages: Local language, English and Kiswahili
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, service
- Good communication skills, verbal and in written
- Ability to use good judgment and remain calm in high stress situations
If you meet the above requirements, please email your CV & motivation letter as a single file by 22nd April, 2021 under the subject “Emergency Medical Technician” to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
(MSF is an equal opportunity Employer and does not charge any application/recruitment or training fee)