Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brands. We have collected and converted over 7,800 tons of waste. At the same time, we have built a team of over 250 people. For our work, we have been recognized by Fast Company as one of the 10 Most Innovative Companies in the World Doing Social Good and one of the 10 Best Companies in Africa.
We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek an Assistant Factory Manager who will be based at Kinanie, Athi River.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
– Breakdown weekly production plan into daily schedules and drive daily adherence to this by line-staff in the Factory
– Breakdown Lean Daily Management projects into SMART goals with clear link to the overall goal of organizational maturity in the Factory
– Schedule and conduct Gemba walks across all sections with respective crew lead line staff to identify opportunities for improvement
– Coach crew leads and support them to understand the process and equip them to detect, escalate and resolve challenges/variances in their domains
– Lead in the development and resolution of factory level short term corrective and preventive actions
– Coach the crew leads to resolve section level day to day challenges through established problem solving toolkits
– Track key resource consumption and cost metrics. These include labor utilization & efficiency, resource utilization and machine utilization
– Analyse daily production outputs to identify wastes, develop and implement measures to improve processes in liaison with the Factory Manager
– Analyse resource productivity trends and proactively recommend continuous improvement projects to improve inefficient processes
– Lead your teammates in respective sections to execute daily production schedules
– Coordinate respective section crew leads to ensure that processes move in sync (one-piece flow) to achieve daily targets effectively and efficiently
– Work with multi-disciplinary teams (R&D, Continuous improvement and Design) to ensure harmony in operations in the Factory
-Circulate and reconcile the production plan in all sections through visual controls such as Lean Management boards
– Through effective scheduling, allocate labor to various sub processes to ensure > 90% utilization.
– Develop daily production schedules and Leader Standardized Work (LSW) sheets that will be executed by the respective section crew leads.
– Review adherence to daily schedules, implement load leveling and implement actions to correct variances to ensure operations are back on track.
– Monitor day to day resource utilization to ensure that all operations are run within budget and as per the tactical plan.
– Work with respective crew leads to ensure that utilities, materials utilization, and set takt times are adhered to and tracked on the established platforms
– Coach crew leads to detect and resolve over utilization of resources within their respective sections in the factory
-Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, industrial) or relevant fields
-Minimum of 2 years experience working in a factory setting within either of these roles:
– Quality management
– Factory management
-Proficiency in MS Office (word, excel) or Google suite (docs, sheets)
-Able to handle coordination and execution of multiple projects
-Great collaboration, communication and people skills
To apply, please submit a cover letter, and your resume/CV by 30th April 2021.