Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Toyota Kenya Limited is the authorized distributor and service provider of Toyota, Yamaha, HINO and Suzuki brands in Kenya. Toyota Kenya Ltd was incorporated in 1997 as a subsidiary by Toyota Tsusho Corporation (TTC) the trading arm of Toyota Motor Corporation
Division: Network Management
Department: Network Management
Section / Unit: Administration
Reports to: Network Manager
Work station: Nairobi, Ngong Road Branch
Job Purpose :This position is responsible for the development and implementation of the branch strategy in order to support the achievement of the Toyota Kenya brands targets (Parts, Sales, Service) of the branch. This includes the coordination of branch operations, as well as team management.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Develop and implement the branch strategy to support the achievement of the Toyota Kenya Strategy on increased profitability and market share for all the TKEN brands;
- Supervise the sales, parts, and service team in the branch to ensure the team is motivated and highly performing
- Oversee effective management and control of financial expenditure at the branch level for enhanced branch profitability
- Implement effective systems that facilitate communication and employee participation to ensure employee retention and satisfaction.
- Manage and monitor branch capacity in terms of human resources to ensure the branch operations are fully supported
- Identify business opportunities for the branch within the region to increase the TKEN market share for all the brands assigned
- Monitor compliance with statutory and manufacture requirements with the support of the respective brands, to ensure minimal risk exposure to TKEN due to noncompliance
- Network with key stakeholders within the community to promote branch services and identify business opportunities.
- Promote customer satisfaction through timely resolution of all customer complaints at the branch.
- In collaboration with Training and development team ensure the branch has the required competencies at all levels to ensure the provision of quality services in parts, sales, and service
- Coordinate general administration of the branch to ensure that branch facilities and resources are safe and secure in line with the Anzen guidelines
- Coordinate the collection of information at the branch level on competitor activities to ensure the availability of information required to develop market penetration strategies on parts, sales and service for all the brands assigned
- In consultation with the various assigned brands, develop branch targets for parts, sales and service for all the brands assigned, to support the achievement of the overall business targets on the 3Ss for the brands assigned
- Monitor the performance of the various brands on the 3Ss against the agreed targets for the brands, report on, and develop plans to address any gaps identified
Knowledge and skills
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Automotive or business-related field.
- Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 5 years working experience in the motor industry from a reputable organization.
- Post graduate Diploma in Business Management or equivalent.
- Service Manager
- Parts Supervisor
- Sales Supervisor
- Service reception Supervisor
- Service Advisor
- Workshop Supervisor
- Quality Controller
- Driver/ Caretaker
- Sales Executives
- Warehouse Assistant
- Parts Sales Representatives
- Service Administrator
- All branch staffs
- All support teams from HQ
- Other branch managers, GMs and Managing Director.
- Key Corporate customers.
- Suppliers and Contractors.
- Central Government and County Government departments
- Banks and other stakeholders
- Budgeting knowledge
- Computer literacy
- Project management
- Financial management
- Automotive industry awareness
- Toyota Retail Concept, Toyota facility guidelines and knowledge of TKEN business units
- Human resource management
- Performance management
- Report writing
- Presentation skills
- Benchmarking & evaluation
- Negotiation Skills
- Integrity, analytical & numerical skills
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management and team building
- Decision making –ability to make strategic decisions in a timely and effective manner and to be accountable for decision making within departmental and role allocation and advise departments on major financial implications and critical decisions required
- Professionalism –maintains a professional approach based on ethics and TKEN values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity and ensures TKEN is not put at reputational risk
- Building consensus and influencing-ability to influence various players across all TKEN departments
- Communication Skills
- Customer orientation-is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Resilience –can withstand strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected of a leader