Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Toyota Kenya Limited is the authorized distributor and service provider of Toyota, Yamaha, HINO and Suzuki brands in Kenya. Toyota Kenya Ltd was incorporated in 1997 as a subsidiary by Toyota Tsusho Corporation (TTC) the trading arm of Toyota Motor Corporation
Division: Network Management
Section / Unit: Service
Reports to: Branch Manager
Work station: Mombasa
Job Purpose: The Service Manager position is responsible for the coordination of service operations to ensure timely and quality delivery of service to customers, compliance with Anzen guidelines in the delivery of service, and for the management of the service team for enhanced motivation and performance.
Managerial / Supervisory
- Implement service operational strategies to achieve set targets through continuous progress monitoring
- Monitor the utilisation of the service budget to ensure efficiency in the utilisation of funds allocated
- Supervise the Service team to ensure a motivated and high performing team in the delivery of quality and timely service to the customers
- Track and analyse key performance indicators to understand performance status and provide countermeasure where there are gaps
- Build healthy relationship with other departments in the branch through communication and exchange of ideas to ensure smooth interdepartmental operations
- Mentor and coach Service staff and recommend them for scheduled trainings to improve their skills
- Oversee operations of the workshop to obtain maximum utilisation of automotive equipment and prevent operational delays in the section
- Resolve critical customer complaints to mend broken trust and enhance customer retention
- Monitor daily service sales to ensure performance is on track as per set targets and introduce action plans when below target
- Provide a safe and conducive working environment in line with the Kaizen guidelines to eliminate risks associated with noncompliance with Anzen regulations
- Review work flows to increase the productivity of the Service team
- Study the Voice of customer (VOC) report to understand customer satisfaction levels through Customer Service Index and provide solutions where there are gaps
- In collaboration with the marketing team, implement marketing activities relating to services available to grow sales and create awareness
- Report on the performance of the branch under the 3 Ss across the brands, detailing gaps and possible solutions, to ensure all the brands represented in the branch are well informed on the performance in a timely manner
Knowledge Skills and Experience
Minimum level of academic and professional qualification required to perform effectively in the role
- Bachelors’ Degree in engineering or other relevant field from a recognised institution.
- Minimum level of experience required to perform effectively in the role
- 5 years of experience in a motor vehicle workshop with at least 2 years in a supervisory position
- Service Advisors
- Workshop Supervisors
- Service Administrator
- Quality Controller
- SST & consumables store clerk
- Management Team – budgeting & performance reporting
- Service Providers – sublets & supplies of consumables
- Customers – For business opportunities & relationship Building
- Financial management to allow one understand the performance of the department.
- Product & technical knowledge so that one is able to comfortably relate and respond to product issues.
- Customer service management for relationship with customers to improve retention and acquisition.
- Computer literacy
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Knowledge of professional standards
- Report writing- ability to develop reports
- Presentation skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Negotiation & Conflict Management skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Leadership and management-ability to lead teams, mentor and coach staff to goal definition and achievement
- Performance Management
- Professionalism –maintains a professional approach based on ethics and TKEN values
- Integrity and honesty and ethics- ensures ethical practices and integrity to ensure TKEN is not exposed to reputational risk
- Building consensus and influencing-ability to influence various players across all TKEN departments
- Communication Skills
- Customer orientation-is customer focused striking a solid balance between external and internal customer orientation
- Resilience –is able to withstanding strategic and operational challenges and maintain momentum
- Emotional Intelligence-manages emotions in a mature and composed manner as expected of a leader
Deadline is 16th April,2021