Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Regional Medical Manager
Does the idea of doing something that really makes a difference in people’s lives while being well-compensated intrigue you?
Are you looking to work for an organization that encourages growth and success from each and every one of its employees?
AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the place for you!
Founded in 1987, AIDS Healthcare Foundation is the largest specialized provider of HIV/AIDS medical care in the world.
Our mission is to provide “Cutting edge medicine and advocacy, regardless of ability to pay”.
The Regional Manager (RM) represents AHF’s mission and core values on a local basis while developing relationships with community resources and growing AHF’s business lines within the Region.
They also maintain extensive knowledge of standards of HIV/AIDS care and knowledge of contracts for services and programs.
The RM is a combination of leadership and clinical care position. It involves management of resources such as staff, infrastructure, equipment, finances; building and maintaining strategic partnerships; reporting and ensuring highest standards of care in the program.
Ultimately this role entails day-to-day operations, quality assurance and decision-making in liaison with appropriate managers/directors.
This position will be based in Mombasa.
Leadership and Management:
- Oversees AHF medical operations in the region and supports the Medical Director to efficiently and effectively deliver quality clinical services in the region
- Provides technical support to the Prevention and Treatment program ensuring linkage of outreach activities to treatment and care program through well-established processes of patient linkages and service integration
- Attends key technical partners meetings and provides feedback to management
- Builds and maintains partnerships with key stakeholders in the Health and HIV/AIDS sector e.g. with MOH, NASCOP, NACC, etc.
- Ensures that CMEs are conducted in all sites and participates in the facilitation of CME sessions.
- Ensure attendance of healthcare center medical staff at weekly CME seminars and recommending CME (Continuing Medical Education) programs as appropriate based on peer reviews
- Participates in staff need assessment, interviewing, and induction of new hired staff
- Ensures a high quality of clinical services is delivered at all AHF supported sites in the region. Lead quality assurance initiatives in the region
- Provides periodic comprehensive support supervision reports, adhering to the tools provided by AHF
- Promotes the implementation of standard operating procedures for all activities relating to good clinical practice and ensures functional QI teams are in existence at site levels
- Supervises and implements quality management activities and quality benchmarks monitoring, facilitation of quality assurance and quality improvement sessions
- Ensures effective patient flow in all sites, especially those with high volume of patients and coordinate time motion surveys to monitor performance
- Oversees the timely collection, compilation and reporting of routine and specific data to guide decision-making at site, regional and country program level
- Leads in AHF Advocacy activities in the region including providing periodic advocacy updates to staff
- Serves as AHFs advocate at the site level
- Provides direct supervision and mentorship to clinical officers, nurses, laboratory technologists, pharmacist, pharm techs, health records officers, etc. working in the different facilities in the region to ensure continuous growth and learning
- Ensures timely compilation and submission of monthly drug inventory reports in coordination with the Program Pharmacist Clinical care
- Provides clinical care in conjunction with other team members
- Spends at least 2 days per week providing direct patient care
- Responsible for patient chart review and peer review following the guidelines established by the Policies and Procedures Committee
- Attend medical provider meetings (at minimum, once a month) to discuss difficult patients and mortality cases.
- Must be a Medical Doctor from a recognized institution. Additional qualification in Health systems management or public health will be an added advantage
- Minimum of five (5) years medical/health service experience preferred with a sound knowledge of basic medical disciplines to allow for accurate diagnosis and appropriate management of clinical problems
- Three years or more of recent experience with HIV/AIDS treatment; two years minimum of administration and program management experience with knowledge of clinical protocols and procedures in the management of HIV related diseases
- Must be registered with Kenya Medical Pharmacists and Dentists Board and must have a valid practice license.
Please find the online version of this vacancy advert on this link ahfafrica.org/RMM
If you strongly feel you are the right person, send an application demonstrating why you are the best fit to Globalhr.Africa@aidshealth.org on or before 22nd April 2021.