Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
Deloitte is seeking to fill various positions under the USAID funded Tujenge Jamii project.
About Tujenge Jamii Project
The Tujenge Jamii project is a five-year USAID funded service delivery project, providing HIV care and treatment, as well as services in the area of family planning/reproductive, maternal, newborn, child, and adolescent health (FP/RMNCAH), nutrition, and water, sanitation, and hygiene (WASH). The project is focused on increasing the use of county-led health and social services in four counties in Kenya, namely Baringo, Laikipia, Samburu and Nakuru.
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV prevention services;
- Increased access and demand for quality HIV treatment services;
- Increased access and demand for quality FP/RMNCAH, nutrition, and WASH services;
- Strengthened capacity of county health systems, local partners, and communities to deliver quality health services.
We are seeking to recruit a dynamic, mature and result-oriented individual to fill the position of a Procurement and Administration Officer within the project.
· Oversee the procurement activities for the project.
· Provide guidance and advice to staff on policy issues related to procurement and contracting.
· Ensure duties and VAT exemptions applications are done by providing pro-forma invoices for all vatable procurement activities.
· Manage and ensure that all satellite office supplies are adequate and delivered on time.
· Ensure that materials and equipment are procured, delivered and distributed accordingly.
· Ensure adherence to standard procurement operating procedures.
· Liaise with finance, senior management and programs to ensure integrated internal controls, timely payment of vendors and ensuring full auditable support documentation.
· Develop and manage the Tujenge Jamii purchasing policies, procedures, standards, and strategies in order to ensure process transparency, fairness, impartiality, and confidentiality.
· Ensure the adequacy of specifications for purchasing purposes.
· Negotiate major purchases, develop blanket or master agreements with suppliers, and engage in all aspects of contract management.
· Evaluate cost and quality of materials, equipment, products, or services.
· Manage purchase requisitions/orders.
· Review records of materials, equipment, products, or services ordered and received.
· Analyze market and delivery systems to assess present and future material availability and alternative sources of supply.
· Supervise general support services, ensuring general cleanliness and maintenance of the offices.
· Oversee motor vehicle maintenance and repairs.
· Ensure that the inventory listing is updated on a regular basis and inventory report prepared.
· Ensure effective implementation of the Tujenge Jamii administrative procedures.
· Accurate and timely reporting of the projects procurement spend.
· A Bachelor’s degree in a Purchasing and Supplies Management or its equivalent.
· A be a member of KISM or CIPS in good standing.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a busy procurement environment, preferably NGO.
· Strong knowledge of procurement methods and procedures.
· Working knowledge of USAID rules and regulation on procurement and administrative services practices.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Well-developed computer user skills.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Leadership / Behavioural Capabilities
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Actively focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Understands how their daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and the business.
Talent development – Demonstrates strong commitment to personal learning and development; acts as a brand ambassador to help attract top talent.
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there’s always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to
grow throughout their career.
To the successful candidates, the Firm will offer a competitive and performance driven remuneration package, a highly energised team environment comprising individuals who are committed to working as one, producing results and enjoying it.
Please note that candidates that do not attach their resumes and academic credentials will not be considered.
Closing date: 16 April 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.