Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Federation of Women Lawyers in Kenya (FIDA-Kenya) welcomes applications from qualified candidates for the following vacant position:
Grant & Resource Mobilization Officer
Job Summary: Under the guidance and supervision of the Deputy Executive Director, the Grant & Resource Mobilization Officer is responsible for supporting the development, coordination, and implementation of resource mobilization activities, including proposal writing, developing concept notes, actively participate in fundraising and support strategic communication with donors in support of FIDA- Kenya’s work.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide technical support in implementing the resource mobilization and sustainability strategies and create a sustainable and diverse fundraising portfolio based on the FIDA-Kenya’s Strategic and Sustainability Plan pillars.
- Offer administrative support to the Board Resource Mobilization Committee and handle all administrative aspects of the fundraising process.
- Develop concept notes and strategic communication to enhance FIDA-Kenya’s capacity to mobilize resources for its programmatic and thematic areas.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on the effectiveness of individual fundraising initiatives and campaigns.
- Proactively identify prospects and consult with the management to mobilize the right team to draft the proposal.
- Draft high-quality funding proposals in collaboration with the program and management teams and liaising with the finance team to prepare fundraising budgets.
- Undertake ad-hoc research on funding and partnership opportunities and update fundraising and grants database with relevant information as required.
- Manage the grant application process to ensure donors’ requirements are met and give periodic reports on the progress.
- Plan grant inception and follow-up meetings with the program implementation team to ensure awareness of donor requirements and processes.
- Develop partnerships with development partners, corporate organizations, and other stakeholders and regularly attend relevant fundraising networking forums and groups.
- Organize events geared towards fundraising and donor stewardship, e.g., courtesy calls, donor meetings.
Person Specification: Qualifications and Attributes
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications and attributes: –
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, or other related disciplines. Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Must have a minimum of FIVE years’ fundraising and resource mobilization experience, preferably with a civil society organization.
- Understanding of the funding landscape in the human rights sector and proven record developing high-quality proposals and concept notes to the international donors.
- Familiarity with basic finance or accounting practices and monitoring & evaluation.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational and coordination skills, strong customer service focus, and ability to work well with people from varied backgrounds and cultures at all levels in the organization.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to work collaboratively, to multi-task, and work under pressure.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fully meet the above criteria should send an application letter and detailed CV to
The Executive Director, FIDA Kenya, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, 23 April 2021.
The application MUST include contacts of three referees, one of whom must be a former supervisor, expected salary, daytime contact, job title, and job reference number.
Only email applications will be considered, and only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
FIDA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis (age, gender, sex, race, ethnic origin, social origin, disability, religion, and marital status) and does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process.