Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
FLEET MANAGER – (JOB GROUP CPSB 09) ONE (1) POST – V/NO. KCPSB/ROADS /01/2021
The holder of this position is referred to as Assistant Engineer (11) Mechanical. This position is responsible for planning, organizing and managing the work of subordinate staff to ensure that the fleet management is accomplished in a manner consistent with organizational requirements.
Requirements and Competencies for Appointment
For appointment to this grade, an officer must:
Be a Kenyan Citizen;
Hold a Degree in a business related course, Logistics or Supply Chain from a recognized institution;
Working experience of not less than five (5) years;
Have qualifications and knowledge in administration or management;
Knowledge on road vehicle standards;
Valid driving licence;
Knowledge on fleet management;
Shown merit and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
Demonstrate a thorough understanding of County development objectives;
Demonstrate a thorough understanding and commitment to values and principles as Outlined in Articles 10 and 232 of the Constitution;
Ability to work in a multi-ethnic environment and sensitivity and respect for diversity;
Have good inter-personal and communication skills;
Proficiency in computer applications; and
Satisfy the requirement of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Compile monthly fuel report and Coordinate County transport;
• Ensure vehicles have the requisite documents for operation;
• Ensure efficient use and accurate accounting of all county vehicles;
• Advise on procurement specifications of vehicles and training needs of drivers;
• Prepare regular and comprehensive reports for the section;
• Supervise staff in the transport section, arrange and ensure training in service training and recertification of drivers;
• Registration of county vehicles and equipment;
• Assist in monthly work ticket analysis;
• Collaborate with other managers and staff members in order to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives;
• Monitor operations to ensure that staff members comply with administrative policies and procedures, safety rules and government regulations; and
• Promote safe work activities by conducting safety audits, attending county safety meetings and meeting with individual staff members.
How to apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed curriculum vitae with names, address and telephone contacts of three referees. Academic and professional certificates, testimonials, national identity card or passport and any other supporting documents. Clearly indicate the position applied for both on the cover letter and the envelope.
Hand delivered applications should be dropped in the specific box provided at the County Public Service Board offices, Room 103, first floor at Thika Sub-County offices between 8.00 a.m and 5.00 p.m on weekdays.
Applicants should seek clearance from and attach copies or evidence thereof of the CURRENT (valid in 2021) documents below.
Kenya Revenue Authority
Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
Directorate of Criminal Investigations (Certificate of Good Conduct)
Higher Education Loans Board (HELB)
Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)
Applications should reach the undersigned on or before 23rd April, 2021 at 5.00 pm.
County Public Service Board
P O Box 2362 – 00900
i. Only short listed and successful candidates will be contacted.
ii. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
iii. Short listed candidates shall be required to produce originals of their National Identity Card, academic and professional certificates and transcripts during interviews.
iv. The County Public Service Board is committed to availing equal employment opportunities to all Kenyans. People with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.
The County Public Service Board does NOT Charge any fee in the recruitment process, candidates should report to Police any one/number calling to solicit for cash from the applicants