Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Mary’s Meals (MM) is a global movement supported by people from all walks of life and we are focused on one goal – that every child receives a nutritious daily meal in a place of education.
We continue to change the lives of over 1.8 million children who today will receive Mary’s Meals.
We offer more than just a job; we offer the opportunity to support our global movement in a dynamic and inclusive environment with a real focus on personal development.
Mary’s Meals Kenya (MMK) operates a Primary School Feeding and Early Childhood Development programme in Kenya.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for the following post:
Head of Programmes – Turkana County
We are delighted to be recruiting for a talented Head of Programmes to join our team in Lodwar, Turkana county.
Reporting to the Country Director, he/she will provide inspirational and impactful leadership of Mary’s Meals programme in Kenya.
The role leads on ensuring development and evolution of our programme, particularly in the areas of our programmatic delivery model, including quality.
The role will work in a highly collaborative manner across our global programmes team and other functions to achieve the objectives of ensuring highly effective systems, processes and tools are implemented and robust governance.
The role will lead a team and serve as an integral member of the global Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and identify, lead and support key projects.
A measure of success will be ensuring programme delivery continues to evolve strongly to enable the growth and quality needed to help Mary’s Meals achieve our vision.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Strategy and planning
- To contribute strongly to development and implementation of MMK’s Country Programmes strategy
- To develop and support the implementation of our school feeding delivery model
- To identify, lead and deliver other key strategic projects and initiatives to further enhance our programmatic delivery and operations
- To support the development of proposals and budgets
- To set clear team annual work plans and budgets, and monitor regularly
- To provide strategic leadership to our programmes, as a SLT member
- To lead develop, coach and inspire a high-performing team, promoting a culture of strong employee engagement and empowerment
- To build strong, trusted values-driven relationship with all key stakeholders
- To ensure self-development and keeping relevant knowledge current
- To ensure team collaborate deeply across the various pillars of the programmes function, to achieve strategy and objectives
- Lead on managing change with key stakeholder groups
- To ensure clear roles and responsibilities across programme teams
- To support effective governance and budget management, working with other functions including legal, risk, security and finance
- To lead on planning and managing school feeding expansions activities
- To report and work with the Programme Operations and Policy, Information and Learning team within a matrix structure.
- To be an active member of the global forum for programme delivery leaders
- To work alongside with other organisations, including NGOs, government and international partners to share best practice
- To engage strategically with the Government of Kenya and other major stakeholders
- To lead on the implementation and monitoring of our delivery model
- To ensure the implementation strengthening of relevant policies and standard operating procedures, and defining IT functional needs to support digital tools
- To lead on accurate reporting of programmes delivery to ensure effective management information availability to inform decision making
- To ensure systems and processes are robustly implemented and continuously improved
- To ensure that programme implementation follows the MM School Feeding Approach and other relevant policies
- To ensure that programme delivery is robustly monitored, evaluated, and reported on
- To ensure that the programme is working towards excellence, including identifying gaps, opportunities and changes needed
- To ensure communities and volunteers are robustly engaged in supporting school feeding
- To represent Mary’s Meals externally as required, and appropriate, as a key member of SLT and the wider Mary’s Meals organisation.
- To ensure the maintenance of excellent relations with all of Mary’s Meals partners, supporters and stakeholders, as required.
- To support HR and Country Director in managing Human Resource related issues
- This role undertakes regulated work with children and is required to register with the Protected Vulnerable Group Scheme or local equivalent.
The role will require to travel to locations in which Mary’s Meals programmes operate.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Strong commitment to Mary’s Meals vision, mission and values
- Degree qualification, with a relevant post qualification experience
- Proven experience of strong leadership of a function, and in coaching and developing high performing teams and individuals
- Strategic thinker, with experience of developing and delivering strategy in a complex environment
- Proven ability to identify and drive to a goal, and focused on delivering objectives while consistently demonstrating our values
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels
- Experience of monitoring, evaluating, learning and reporting against agreed strategy and plans
- Strong analytical skills and effective financial management experience
- Strong cultural sensitivity, with an ability to work well with a wide range of people in many different contexts
- Experience of international development, knowledge of the place of school feeding, and working in international environments and teams
- Strong experience of liaising with community groups and governments
- Experience working in emergencies
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant subject
How to Apply
Applications stating expected salary and CV (including contacts for three professional referees) should be e-mailed to email@example.com indicating the position title and applicant’s name in the subject line.
All attached files should be saved under the applicant’s name.
Deadline for receipt of applications is Friday, 23rd April 2021 at 16:30 hours.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted via official Mary’s Meals email address by latest 30th April 2020.
Mary’s Meals never asks candidates to pay any money or pay for tests at any stage of the interview process.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.