Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We are seeking a young passionate individual to fill the position of Accounts Assistant in our organization.
We are looking for someone who will understand our vision and contribute towards achieving it. Someone who is committed to lifelong learning and open to new approaches. An accountant who is transformational and will relentlessly pursue standards on a daily basis and always look to improve outcomes for the work God has put in our hands.
Provide accounting support, procurement and bookkeeping. This includes helping the CEO to maintain the financial aspect of the organization and keep it running smoothly.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain, manage and record day-to-day transactions.
- Processing transactions, issuing cheques, and updating ledgers, budgets, etc.
- Inspect, verify and reconcile accounts receivable records and its balances.
- Perform regular cash and bank reconciliation. Including petty cash count.
- Petty cash preparation.
- Production of monthly payroll, including filing KRA, NSSF and NHIF.
- Preparation and submission of annual returns.
- In charge of procurement. Handling requests from managers and communications with clients and vendors via phone, email, and in-person.
- Preparing financial reports periodically.
- Assist in preparation of annual accounts and annual budget.
- Maintain, manage and update records of all inventories.
- Maintain the organization’s asset register.
- Assisting with audits, fact checks, and resolving discrepancies.
- Manage office expenditure within the expenditure budgetary limits.
- Perform and provide analysis support for key departments in managing budgets.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working as an Accountant or Accounts Assistant preferably in an NGO or Charity Organization.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prioritisation, planning and organisation skills
- Being able to work as part of a team
- An ability to work under pressure and to beat deadlines
- Effective communication skills
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Minimum CPA II
- Further training in Business Administration (added advantage)
- *Must provide at least 2 work referees
More details are given below. If you are interested in the position, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the 30th April, 2021