Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About the role
The Programme Lead will be responsible for building out GAIN’s programming in commercialisation of biofortified crops through programme design, technical support to country programmes, and supporting on-time and on-budget delivery across all country programmes. In addition, the postholder will manage GAIN’s engagement with our partner organisations, specifically around commercialisation and marketing of biofortified crops. They will bring excellent portfolio management skills to the relationship between GAIN, HarvestPlus and our other partners, and take a lead role within GAIN in supporting the execution of the commercialisation of biofortified crops strategy.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical oversight to the implementation of activities that bring biofortified crops to scale through commercialisation activities.
- Co-lead, with our partners, the development of detailed workplans to support the commercialisation of biofortified crops in Asia and Africa, clarifying how GAIN and our partners will ensure impact, scale, and sustainability in a small number of strategically selected geographies.
- The Programme Lead will be responsible for building out GAIN’s programming in commercialisation of biofortified crops through programme design, technical support to country programmes, and supporting on-time and on-budget delivery across all country programmes
- Provide guidance to GAIN country teams on strategy development, state of the field, and positioning of commercialization of biofortified crops programme.
- Develop and manage relationships with other organisations active in the biofortification and commercialisation of agricultural commodities space.
- Support delivery of a dissemination and visibility plan (incl. by leading on dissemination workshops, manuscripts, publications, blogs, white papers, articles, factsheets, brief), alongside GAIN’s Knowledge Leadership, Communications and Country programmes teams, as well as with GAIN’s partners.
- Provide technical support to development office on major bids for multi-country / multi-sectoral proposals and strategic donors.
The successful candidate will have experience working at both global and country levels with strong examples of effectively liaising with food enterprises, development agencies, and governments at senior level. You must also have excellent written/verbal communications, research, writing, and analytical ability.
- University level degree in a relevant field such as business and marketing, food technology, development studies, economics, agricultural development, or other relevant technical field.
- Demonstrable success in managing multi-country, multi-donor, multi-partner consortium projects of $10M or more.
- Substantial level of professional experience directly or indirectly related to marketing foods, new product category development, supply chains and international development. Experience implementing large market-based nutrition programs and projects will be an added advantage.
- Strong business-to-business (B2B) development skills, trade marketing, or partnership management. Blend of private and public experience preferred.
About our offer
Starting salary for this role is listed per location below;
Please note, this salary stated is per annum and is depending on experience. More may be available for an exceptional candidate)
GAIN has a fair and competitive salary structure that allows for annual progression subject to good performance. In addition, GAIN offers a total of 37 days holiday per year (including annual leave, public holidays and additional office closure days), an attractive pension scheme and competitive insurance cover including health, travel and life assurance.
We are committed to the health of our staff, especially in these challenging times, and have developed a programme of wellbeing that includes flexible working, additional leave allowances, wellbeing days, mindfulness coaching and access to independent and confidential counselling.
GAIN also has a strong commitment to professional development. We will support you to grow in your career through both formal and informal training, and are committed to providing opportunities through internal recruitment, secondments and promotion. All of this is delivered in a supportive and collaborative environment.
Deadline is 28th April,2021