Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Splicing Technician JTL-ME-ST-04-21
SPLICING TECHNICIAN ROLE
We are looking to recruit a Splicing Technician to splice fiber optic cables in both outdoor and indoor settings, read, create and maintain splicing schematics and diagrams. Maintain control of outside plant activities surrounding the assigned work site(s), taking and maintaining accurate splicing and field notes and support project timelines.
SPLICING TECHNICIAN RESPONSIBILITIES
• Fiber splicing to construct a proper splice case, including but not limited to; grounding, bonding, isolation, slack storage and sealing.
• Troubleshoot and perform routine maintenance.
• Rehabilitate the network including tensioning cables, replacement of manhole covers and cable recovery.
• Record keeping of the cable network infrastructure.
• Liaison with the other technical departments to provide technical support and resolve issues on the network.
• Checking and advising on the environmental issues in the nodes in their areas
• Maintain site safety by eliminating hazards and/or reporting any hazards prior to commencing works.
• Carry out onsite survey/scoping for cases requiring network changes and routing and raise them in Nasctech in order to allow RM raise associated PM orders.
• Any other responsibilities as may be assigned to you from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE SPLICING TECHNICIAN ROLE
• Minimum Diploma in Electronics, telecommunications or related field.
• Five (5) years working experience in a network maintenance role At least 3 years’ experience working in sales is highly desirable.
• Technical aptitude in electrical and telecommunication infrastructure.
• Good analytical skills.
• Keen to details.
• Excellent communication.
Expires on April 16th, 2021