Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
REF: TNH/HRD/SC/04/2021 (CONTRACT TERMS)
Reporting to the Senior Security Officer-Technical Services, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring overall security of The Nairobi Hospital and Outpatient Centres, clients, and personnel.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Offering protective and communications support for The Nairobi Hospital Operations by effective manning of the Control Room.
- Monitoring all Electronic Security systems installed over irregularities (such as security breach, possible threats, abandoned items, fire hazards, equipment malfunctions, and unlocked security doors among others) and report incidents.
- Monitoring, maintaining and archiving CCTV video footage and other security systems data and retrieval in case of incident occurrences and investigation/analysis requirements.
- Managing access control systems and credentials by issuing access cards/passes and other arrangements to authorized visitors upon approval by the security supervisor and keep such records.
- Observing and reporting suspects or incidents to the defined authorities and initiate incident response by use of radio or other communication channels.
- Monitoring intruder alarm systems, closed-circuit television (CCTV) systems and liaise with response units to attend raised alarms.
- Act as custodians of Control Room equipment and monitoring their operational readiness together with all other Security and communication equipment.
- Controlling room data storage, handling and management as per procedures and policies ensuring security and confidentiality is maintained.
- Continuously monitoring and follow up with current broadcast news and inform the TNH staff through the Security Management team on any risky occurrences which may affect their duty or safety both locally and globally.
- Any other duty as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Diploma or a Degree in Security Management/social sciences/information science.
- Proficiency in computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Training in CCTV monitoring and Control room activities
- At least two years’ experience of working in a busy control room environment. Security background on handling security operations will be an added advantage.
- Medically and physically fit with excellent observation skills, good hearing and vision.
- Excellent communication and reporting skills, both spoken and written, fluent in English and Kiswahili.
- Keen attention to details and meticulous with record keeping.
- Ability to work under pressure for extended hours.
- Highly disciplined and of impeccable character.
Method of application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than FRIDAY 30th APRIL 2021.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100