Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision. Courtesy, consideration and unreserved respect towards our patients’ privacy, dignity and confidentiality has time and again helped us earn their trust and goodwill. Our dedicated nursing staff provides professional care within a friendly and comfortable environment, ensuring that being in hospital is a more pleasurable and less anxious time for our patients and their families. We take pride in our highly qualified professionals who deliver our mission every day, translating their knowledge and expertise to internationally compliant practices in healthcare provision.
CLINICAL PHARMACIST: REF/TNH/CP/04/21: (PERMANENT TERMS)
Reporting to the Team Leader – Pharmacy, the successful candidates will be responsible for the following amongst others:
- Ensure compliance with professional and legal practice and standard operating procedures
- Fill prescriptions for inpatients and outpatients
- Attend ward rounds and participate in multidisciplinary patient care.
- Conduct drug utilization reviews and engage in clinical and operational research.
- Undertaking clinical checks on all treatment sheets and prescriptions for suitability of treatment.
- Monitor drug therapy and carry out clinical pharmacy interventions for both in patients and out patients in liaison with the patient care team.
- Reporting, Monitoring and analysis of medication errors, adverse drug reactions and other quality and patient safety indicators
- Carry out medication use counselling and adherence monitoring for patients on chronic treatment.
- Prepare & submit clinical and management reports
- Ensure institutional compliance with antibiotic stewardship guidelines restrictions
- Undertake medication reconciliation during patient admission and discharge.
- Participate and supervise staff in sterile compounding, chemotherapy reconstitution and extemporaneous preparations.
- Provide information and education on drugs and medication therapy to patients, healthcare workers and other hospital personnel
- To prepare articles on important medication related updates for publication in the hospital newsletter and patient education leaflets.
- To keep close contact with the Pharmaceutical Society of Kenya, the Ministry of Health and other professional bodies ensuring that the department is kept abreast with all new developments in the pharmaceutical field.
- Conduct continuous professional development sessions for pharmacy staff
- Serve as an active member in appointed hospital committees and process improvement action teams.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Clinical Pharmacy
- Registration with the Pharmacy and Poisons Board.
- Experience of 3 – 4 years after Masters in Clinical Pharmacy.
- Possession of valid annual practicing license.
- Mature, well organized, reliable and shows initiative.
- Good supervisory, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Honesty, integrity and upholds confidentiality
- A team player with a problem solving mind-set.
- ICT proficiency.
Method of application
If your background, experience and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number and to reach the undersigned not later than FRIDAY 30th APRIL 2021.
- Candidates invited for interviews will be required to present both originals and clear copies (where applicable) of the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Certificate
- Current Colored Passport Photo
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct
- Academic and Professional Certificates
- Certificates of Service from previous employers
Director Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P.O. Box 30026 – 00100