Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Contract Duration: Three Years with Six Months Probationary Period
We are looking for a competent Senior internal Auditor to add value and improve our business operations by providing independent and objective assurance on risk management and internal controls.
Duties and Responsibilities
The incumbent shall be tasked with the following responsibilities:
- Developing Audit Programs for the Audit Assignments in the Audit Plan.
- Conducting risk based internal audits as per the Audit Plan.
- Review implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management framework and provide Quarterly Status reports.
- Ensuring that the internal controls are reviewed and documented on their effectiveness and adequacy;
- Supervising the preparation of work programs to ensure that audits are planned and well managed;
- Recommending mitigation measures to address identified weaknesses where necessary;
- Constantly monitor the implementation of both Internal and External audit recommendations by way of follow up audits and provision of status report on the unresolved audit issues;
- Leading the audit team in performing other adhoc audit assignments relating to governance, risk management and control as appropriate.
- Providing support to the External Auditors
- Carry out other duties as may be assigned.
For appointment to this position, the person must have:
- A minimum eight (8) years in relevant work in comparable position;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following: Business Administration, Finance or their equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution is an added advantage
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option) or other recognized equivalent qualifications;
- CPA (K), CISA, CIA or its equivalent;
- Membership of a professional body – Institute of Certified Public Accountant of Kenya (ICPAK) and /or Institute of Internal Auditors of Kenya (IIA-Kenya);
- Proficiency in Computer applications;
- In-depth understanding of business processes and ability to identify key process risks and internal related controls
- Proven knowledge of auditing standards and procedures, laws, rules and regulations
- Experience in auditing USG funded programs will be an added advantage
KEY COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills;
- Strong analytical skills and high attention to detail
- Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethics, confidentiality and professionalism
- Good communications, report writing and presentation skills
- Self-driven individual with ability to work under minimal supervision
Applicants interested in the above position should submit the following:
- Cover letter detailing why you want to be considered for the position, as well as current and expected gross salary.
- Detailed CV including at minimum:
- Biographical data including: Full names, current mailing address, current telephone contacts, email address
- Employment history to date. Ensure that specific start and end dates are included
- Educational history to date, clearly detailing the program, certificate obtained, and completion date
- Names of three referees with their contacts
- Copies of ALL academic and professional certificates and testimonials.
- Indicate the Job Reference Number and Title in your email
Interested applicants to apply for this job for following this link:
Recruitment Portal (unes.co.ke) or visit our career page on our website.
All applications to reach the undersigned on or before April 23rd 2021.
Hard Copies will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted. UNES does not require any payment in order to process your applications.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to provide prove of compliance to the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution
UNES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. WOMEN AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY