Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Children’s Investment Fund Foundation (CIFF) is an independent philanthropic organisation headquartered in London with offices in Nairobi, New Delhi, Beijing and Ethiopia. CIFF works with a wide range of partners seeking to transform and empower the lives of poor and vulnerable children and adolescents in developing countries, with the ultimate goal of solving seemingly intractable challenges to ensure all children and adolescents have the chance to survive and thrive.
CIFF aims to play a catalytic role as a funder and influencer to deliver urgent and systemic change at scale. Areas of work include empowering girls and boys to control their sexual and reproductive health to avoid unintended pregnancy, unsafe abortion and HIV/AIDS; improving children and mothers’ health and nutrition; preventing low birthweight babies; eliminating deaths from severe acute malnutrition, nested within a more integrated approach to childhood development; and deworming efforts to break transmission for good. CIFF’s child protection work focuses on ending child labour and sexual exploitation by enabling an environment that reduces vulnerability of communities and increases protection of children. The organisation’s climate portfolio is driven by a vision of a climate-safe future for today’s children and future generations that also bear the benefits of cleaner air, energy security and sustainable jobs.
Being a financially independent philanthropy, we are able to work in challenging areas in which others can’t. We often elect to work on what can be controversial issues which others won’t pursue. For example, CIFF is pro-choice with respect to women’s reproductive rights along with the prioritisation of access to reproductive information and to contraceptive choices. It is imperative to the CIFF family, therefore, that prospective candidates are aware of the issues we work on and embrace all our programmatic work with fully open minds to the huge number of ways in which we seek to empower young lives.
CIFF places significant emphasis on quality data and evidence. For most of its grants, CIFF works with partners to measure and evaluate progress to achieve large scale and sustainable impact. The organisation is committed to sharing as much information as possible about what they and their partners are learning.
Founded in 2002, CIFF employs over 100 professionals in England, Kenya, India, China and Ethiopia. CIFF strives to couple business acumen and principles with development experience and best practices to transform the landscape for children. It seeks to be the gold standard in grant making and foundation operations.
The main purpose of the role:
The Team Assistant will provide comprehensive and proactive support to the Africa Directors (working alongside Executive Assistant Africa), the Africa Business Partner and the wider Nairobi team. This support will include diary management for the Directors, travel and event planning, and document/information management. The position requires proficiency with office applications and in organising digital information, broad administrative skills and a high level of efficiency.
The position will be privy to sensitive information that requires the highest level of confidentiality and judgment. This is an excellent opportunity for an organised professional with excellent communications skills, who wants to be part of an exciting, growing and mission-driven organisation.
- Manage the calendars of the Africa Directors; support the Executive Assistant with the management of the Africa Director’s calendars.
- Support the Africa Directors with event planning; including virtual events, internal team meetings and offsites. Support in the planning and coordination of high-level meetings, both internal and external.
- Arrange travel for Africa Directors. Work with CIFF travel agents to organise flights, hotels, cars and visas. In time this will extend to support the wider Nairobi team with travel requirements and may include occasional organisation of group travel for the team.
- Work alongside the Africa EA to manage the fortnightly Bi-weekly Team meeting agendas and any follow-up actions.
- General administrative duties, including management and support for the central administrative tools for the team, such as FLUXX, budget, pipeline, portfolio and HR tools;
- Support in timely processing of expenses on Certify for the Africa Directors
- Proactively assist Africa Directors, including drafting of PowerPoint presentations and Word documents.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner in programme budget preparation and monitoring of disbursements against the budget
- General administrative duties including meeting room set, business card input and working with other Executive Assistants to support the smooth running of office infrastructure.
The Talented Individual
Qualifications & Experience
- Educated to undergraduate level, or equivalent by experience, within a relevant specialism.
- Strong administrative experience, working for a team or individual in a busy and complex environment; good experience as a scheduler.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding communications skills, both oral and written.
- Good numerical and analytical skills, with a good understanding of basic budgeting.
- Strong experience with digital office tools, automation and workflows (e.g. Office 365).
- Experience organising and managing digital information and documents for a team.
- Experience with organising and managing virtual events (Teams, Zoom, Blue Jeans, Webex etc), and with managing virtual contacts.
- Strong interpersonal skills, great team player and proactive at engaging with others.
- Professional, sound independent judgment, strong organisational and project management skills and the ability to be flexible as priorities and needs change.
- Highest ethical standards, confidentiality and personal integrity.
- Ability to work unsupervised, with strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills.
- A motivated self-starter with the ability to work well under pressure.
Please ensure a covering letter is uploaded in addition to your CV. Applications without cover letters attached will not be considered. If you are unable to upload your covering letter via Linkedin please email your CV and Cover Letter through to email@example.com for consideration.