Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank’s Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE).
Our Client, a well-established Tier 2 Sacco based in Nairobi is seeking to fill the position of a GENERAL MANAGER.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the General Manager will develop and deliver business and people strategies, which support the Sacco’s overall strategic goals and objectives. S/he will lead management in creation of a stable and supportive environment within which, s/he will manage and grow the society business ensuring strategy execution.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic leadership — Lead the in execution of the Sacco’s Strategic Plan and ensure achievement of all objectives.
- Financial Management – Ensure achievement of the Sacco’s financial goals as per the approved Society plan and consistently meeting the key performance Indicators on Revenue, Expenditure, Loans, Deposits, Investments and Liquidity.
- Business Development – Grow the Sacco business in terms of membership, product uptake, balance sheet and revenue as stipulated in the Strategic Plan.
- Team Leadership and People Management – Effective management of the Human Resource functions including recruitment, training, coaching, performance management and motivation.
- Risk Management – Maintain a strong risk management framework that safeguards the Sacco’s assets and resources.
- Procurement Management– Ensure procurement of goods and services is carried out effectively to ensure the Sacco gets value for money as well as in compliance with the policy and regulatory requirements.
- Operational Efficiency – Ensure that the Sacco processes are carried out efficiently to ensure customer satisfaction and cost management.
- Credit Management – Maintain a healthy loan book by ensuring full implementation of the credit policy.
- Compliance with statutory regulations – Ensure that the Sacco is in compliance with the statutory regulations while maintaining a good relationship with regulators.
- Corporate Governance – Uphold the governance structure of the Sacco and ensure compliance to the Sacco by laws, policies and regulatory requirements. Keep the Board members apprised with new development in the industry. Attend all Board meetings as an ex official to provide advisory to Board members.
- Stakeholder Management – Work closely with the board to establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with all stakeholders.
- Reporting – Ensure timely preparation and presentation of financial, management and regulatory reports to the board, the members and authorized third parties including auditors, regulatory authorities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business related studies or equivalent. Post Graduate Qualification is an added advantage.
- Professional qualifications – CPA(K)/ACCA
- 5 years working experience at a senior level in a Financial Institution and preferably within the Co-operative movement.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies e.g. ICPAK, MSK, IHRM, ICPSK etc.
- Knowledge of computerized accounting systems and Core Operating systems used by Saccos.
Essential Skills Required
- Personal commitment to organizational excellence; displays honesty, integrity, and a strong sense of ethics in all decision and actions.
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for the organization’s vision, and motivates, leads, and empowers others to achieve organizational goals.
- Exceptional leadership and management skills with a focus on securing strategic partnerships, business planning, people and financial management.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong Communication and People management, interpersonal and negotiation skills to build strong business relationships, foster stakeholder engagement, create new partnerships and drive culture of collaboration and innovation.
- A critical thinker, flexibility and problem solving skills.
Method of application
To apply, download and fill out the online Application form below (Open with Adobe Acrobat Reader in order to correctly display contents of the form) and submit to email@example.com by 25th April 2021