Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
I&M Bank is a wholly owned subsidiary of I&M Holdings Limited, a publicly quoted company at the Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE). The bank possesses a rich heritage in banking.
At iCube, we are building solutions that will position I&M Bank as a market leader in banking. While lots of companies talk about “digital revolutions” or “delightful experiences,” we’re focusing on building the stuff that matters, delivering value in a fast, iterative manner that allows us to optimize and meet customer needs.
Scrum has the power to transform project management across every industry, every business, and even across life in general. It’s a solid and successful Agile framework that’s been applied to a variety of projects and teams.
Scrum values commitment, courage, focus, openness, and respect among its members, and therefore a Scrum Master is responsible for implementing these principles into every aspect and action of the team. The Scrum Master is an Agile champion and ambassador who works with teams across the organization to understand the value of delivering work more efficiently using Agile framework(s).
- Sprint planning, scheduling, forecasting and reporting (including burn down and risk escalation)
- Ability to coach the team on Agile values and principles understanding their role within the team but work collaboratively with shared goals at the heart of all work
- Support the team so that a safe to fail environment is created and collectively you are all responsible for outcomes
- Identify blockers and work with the Digital Manager to remove them and optimize team performance
- Continuous improvement and reflective learning is built into the DNA of the team through your leadership and via ceremonies like retrospectives
- Ability to collect, analyze and present data to communicate activity and progress externally, and encourage the maturity and abilities of the team internally
- Coach the team on the purpose and importance of Agile ceremonies along with the outcomes to be completed by the team
- Challenge the team so that they are always striving for improvement
- Coach the team to build a shared understanding of success factors and Definition of Done
- Ability to be pragmatic in your approach and challenge in an appropriate way to drive outcomes
- Identify and coach others to be future scrum masters across the organization
Qualifications and Experience
- Experience in leading projects in a SCRUM environment
- Understanding of agile behavior’s, principles, tools and techniques: e.g. collaboration, team information management, continuous integration and deployment, agile delivery frameworks such as Scrum and Kanban
- A minimum of 3-5 years of work experience as a Scrum Master
- Continual investment in developing your own skills through community events and supporting other Scrum Masters
- Tertiary qualifications in IT and or Business
- Certified in relevant Agile courses
- Excellent skills in leading a team including coaching and providing feedback
- High level of flexibility with the ability to influence and adapt to change
- Strong interpersonal, communication and relationship skills
- Strong facilitation skills to support agile ceremonies
- Strong problem solving skills
- Business value mindset
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills; strong interpersonal skills
- Continuous improvement and innovation mindset that results in creativity, acting with agility and thinking outside current boundaries
- Strong ability to partner across multiple disciplines and navigate a matrix organization
- Knowledge of Agile values, principles and practices
- Knowledge of various Agile frameworks
- Knowledge of upcoming Scrum enhancements within the Agile environment
- Knowledge of services in client’s industry