Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The job holder will be responsible for formulation and implementation of the University’s ICT Strategy, development of information technology and Communication systems, and management of ICT Security.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and technical direction to the department through developing a culture of service excellence in attaining the institution’s business objectives, standards of excellence and quality outcomes.
- Provide overall leadership and oversight for the design and delivery of ICT services that support research, teaching, and the student experience.
- Provide leadership in the development of digital initiatives as outlined in the digital transformation pillar of the university’s strategic plan.
- Through management and leadership of the department, ensure all academic information resources available to staff and students remain accessible fit for purpose.
- Provide advice and guidance on how technology can contribute to, and enhance learning outcomes and research development in the University.
- Continuously analyze business requirements across the University to determine improvement areas with respect to processes, technology adoption and competitive advantage.
- Manage and provide oversight in the development and implementation of an ICT policy that ensures compliance with regulatory and legal requirements.
- Provide advice and guidance at an institutional level on the benefits and opportunities new and emerging technologies can offer the University
- Provide strategic advice and guidance on new and emerging technology developments.
- Lead the university in change management programmes, engaging, influencing and managing stakeholder expectations
- Lead and develop staff within the ICT department to achieve their potential.
- Represent the ICT department in the University Management Board.
- In liaison with the Legal Counsel unit, ensure compliance with Data Protection Act
- Actively lead strategic and operational risk within ICT Services. Develop risk management framework and mitigation solutions to ensure data integrity and smooth operations..
- Ensure the University’s information security is fit for purpose.
- Prepare and execute medium plan and annual budget for the ICT department;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor(s)
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Applicants should have a PhD in Computer Science or Information Systems or related fields from a recognized institution. Those with a Masters degree in the same area will also be considered.
- B.Sc. in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or any other relevant field.
- Professional Certifications: MCSE, CCNP, CERT, CISA, CISM, or any other relevant certifications.
- 8 years’ experience with at least 5 years’ experience at a management level.
OTHER SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Knowledge of Network Resource Sharing and Security, Server, Firewall, Active Directory and Proxy Configurations.
- Good systems analytical and forensic skills.
- Extensive working knowledge of MS Windows Server.
- Knowledge of relevant professional standards.
- Understand the Regulations that apply to installations, repairs and maintenance of ICT systems and appliances in Kenya.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should submit an application letter indicating current and desired salary, a detailed CV and three references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd May 2021. KCAU staff are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted