Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
KURA is responsible for the management, development, rehabilitation and maintenance of Urban National Trunk Roads. Other functions of KURA include – Constructing, upgrading, rehabilitating and maintaining roads under its control; Controlling urban roads reserves and access to roadside developments; Implementing road policies in relation to urban roads; Ensuring adherence by motorists to the rules and guidelines on axle load control prescribed under the Traffic Act CAP 403 and any regulations under the Act; Ensuring that the quality of road works is in accordance with such standards as may be defined by the Cabinet Secretary ; In collaboration with the Ministry responsible for transport and the Police Department, oversee the management of traffic and road safety on urban roads; Monitoring and evaluating the use of urban roads; Planning the development and maintenance of urban roads; Collecting and collating all such data related to the use of urban roads as may be necessary for efficient forward planning under this Act;
No of Positions: 3
This is the entry and training grade for the engineering cadre. An officer at this level will work under direct supervision of a Senior Engineer and may be deployed to work in any of the technical departments.
The duties and responsibilities may fall under any of the following Directorates:
Urban Roads Planning and Design
- preparing draft road investment programs for road networks;
- preparing draft Public Private Partnership arrangements;
- preparing draft Materials testing and research programs;
- carrying out traffic surveys and management of traffic data;
- collecting and collating economic, environmental and social data for road investment programmes and strategies;
- preparing draft engineering design of road works and structures;
- preparing draft tender documentation for road works and structures;
- preparation of draft work plans
- preparing draft records for road assets database; and
- carrying out of road safety audits and preparation of draft road safety audit reports, draft road safety training and awareness campaigns work programmes
Urban Roads Development
- Collect, collate and analyze data on demand forecasting to guide in road construction by the Authority;
- Prepare draft proposals on roads to be assessed and processed for development;
- preparing draft short-, medium- and long-term road works programmes;
- reviewing of engineering design for road works and structures;
- preparing and reviewing draft tender documentation for road works and structures;
- preparing draft procurement plans for road works and structures;
- supervision of road works contracts;
- undertaking road safety audits during road development;
- Monitor and prepare draft reports on integration and implementation of Performance and quality management tools; and
- screen project proposals for suitability, prepare draft client requirements and information memoranda and participate in negotiations for projects to procured under the Public Private Partnership and other alternative financing Framework.
Road Asset and Corridor Management
- formulating and implementation of draft road asset management policies;
- undertaking annual road inventory and condition surveys;
- preparing draft engineering design of road maintenance works;
- preparation, compiling and analyzing draft annual road maintenance work programmes;
- preparing draft tender documentation for road works;
- supervision of maintenance road works contracts;
- monitoring and undertaking public sensitization on protection of road reserves.
Policy, Strategy & Compliance
- and services implemented by the Authority or on its behalf;
- implementation of quality assurance policies and procedures for road work programmes
- carrying out quality assurance surveillance audits and surveillance tests for works monitoring quality assurance plans for road works and services
- undertaking technical inspection/audit of completed works with supervision of Senior Engineer;
- identification of technical and operation risks and advising on mitigation measures for works under the Authority;
- preparation of draft reports on quality assurance findings and recommendations;
- drafting periodic reports; and
- monitoring and evaluating performance of road works implemented by the Authority;
- Have a Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be registered as a Graduate Engineer by the Engineers Board of Kenya;
- Be a Graduate member of the Institution of Engineers of Kenya;
- Be proficient in Computer Applications; and
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Proficiency in computer applications including CAD software
- Ability to work with maps, drawings, models, blueprints
Mode of Application
1.Interested and eligible candidates are urged to access the Mandatory KURA Job Application Form as well as the detailed job descriptions and specifications available on the KURA website; Job Description and Forms and fill all required fields, sign and date the form and attach copies of all certificates, transcripts, Curriculum Vitae and other testimonials and submit through this Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. The application should clearly bear the Job tittle and reference number so as to be received on or before 27th April 2021 at 5.00pm (East African Time). Late applications shall not be accepted.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to present originals of the following documents during the interviews;
1) National Identity Card;
2) Academic and Professional Certificates and transcripts;
3) Any other supporting documents and testimonials; and
4) Clearances from the following bodies:
a) Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
b) Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
c) Any of the registered Credit Reference Bureaus (CRB); and
d) Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) – Police Clearance Certificate
Clearance by the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC) will be sought by the Authority in line with the Commission’s Circular dated 9th April 2020.
KURA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and gender equality. Qualified Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities are encouraged to apply. Any form of canvasing and giving false information in employment application form will lead to automatic disqualification. Only those cleared by the EACC pursuant to their Public Notice dated 9th April 2020, shall be contacted for interviews