Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PATH has been in Kenya since 1990, operating as part of our global organization that works in over 70 countries around the world. Over the course of two and half decades, PATH Kenya has worked closely with the Government of Kenya and other key partners in designing and applying appropriate and innovative approaches that have contributed to improving the quality of care and saving lives.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto aims to increase the use of quality county-led, county-owned, and county-managed health and social services for orphans and vulnerable children (OVC) and adolescents, as well as reducing new HIV infections, reducing gender-based violence, and improving the health system response to post-gender-based violence care for adolescent girls and young women (AGYW) aged 9 to 24 years. The program will safeguard the rights and welfare of children and adolescents impacted by HIV/AIDS.
USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will be implemented at the county level, in the community and health facilities in the counties of Homa Bay, Migori, and Kisii, in close collaboration with and in support of county health management teams and the Ministry of Health of Kenya. USAID Nuru Ya Mtoto will work in coordination with USAID and other host-country public and private partners, including the departments of children services, non-governmental organizations (NGOs), community-based organizations (CBOs), and public health facilities.
We seek to recruit two (2) Finance Associates who will be responsible for day-to-day processing of transactions in compliance with USAID rules / PATH Kenya’s internal policies and ensure timely financial processing and reporting of field activity costs for the office assigned, while maintaining high standards of stewardship and accountability.
The Finance Associates will be based in Homa Bay.
Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage petty cash disbursements as assigned.
- Assist in Inventory and commodity tracking Management.
- Perform monthly and ad hoc monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain updated records of all the field office financial transactions.
- Reconcile all supplies statements to PATH’s records and update the Finance Officer of any discrepancies.
- Make copies of all finance documents and file in sequence. Prepare the original complete set of monthly FOFR.
- Assist in tracking expenses and accuracy for services rendered on account and ensure they are within agreed limits.
- Work closely with program staff during trainings and meetings to make payments and check accuracy of details given.
- Check the accuracy of the receipts and vouchers presented to back-up expenses for completeness of the support documents.
- Check validity of expenses and receipts presented for payment with respect to reasonability, allowability and allocability basis.
- Prepare and ensure proper coding on all vouchers prepared by staff for validity and advise necessary adjustments to originator.
- Ensure that all invoices received from vendors are processed in an orderly manner and duly supported by proper documentation.
- Liaise with the Finance Officer to ensure that expenses recurring in nature are processed and paid in time e.g. telephone, internet, rent and security.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or related field and a minimum CPA II qualification or equivalent.
- A minimum of 2 years relevant progressive experience preferable in a busy NGO set up.
- Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- High numeracy, sound technical skills and analytical approach to work.
- Problem-solving skills and initiative.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritize.
- Proficiency in Ms. Office applications especially word and excel.
- Hands on experience on QuickBooks.
You must currently have legal authorization to work in Kenya.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.