Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand.
Job Purpose Statement
Provide support to the sales and marketing team to formulate and implement strategy so as to increase the sale of organic fertilizers and insect based animal protein by more than 30x within 12 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop standardized sales procedures based on the problem led selling approach. Train and coach all sales and marketing staff to adopt problem led selling.
- Increase product knowledge and understanding of the market and competition to help the sales team find the most effective selling strategies
- Indirect Sales: Assist in the creation of procedures and protocols designed to increase conversion of leads into sales to Agrovets and distributors.
- Direct sales: Assist in the creation of procedures and protocols designed to increase conversion of leads into sales to large scale farmers and corporates.
- Work with the marketing department to help improve brand awareness and brand loyalty.
- Improve the organization’s capacity to generate leads for large scale farms, corporates and partners for the sale of organic fertilizers by (a) leveraging on your extensive network in this sector (b) setting a structured approach to help sales managers to improve their capacity to network.
- Improve the organization’s capacity to generate leads for feed millers for the sale of insect based animal protein by (a) leveraging on your extensive network in this sector (b) setting a structured approach to help sales managers to improve their capacity to network.
- Develop and implement proposals that will enhance sales excellence at Sanergy, that leans heavily on data and evidence based decision making.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Degree or higher level education in an Agricultural related course
- Previous experience in significantly scaling up agri input sales
- >10 years’ experience in consultative B2B selling
- >10 years’ experience in building and managing sales teams, preferably in direct sales with a clear track record of high performance
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Knowledge of the agricultural inputs market for small and medium-scale farmers is a must.
- Knowledge of the agricultural inputs market for large scale farmers and corporates is a must.
- Willingness to work outside of Nairobi and travel to support the sales team approx. 60% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and min. 10 years driving experience
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your salary expectation, your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Monday, 31st May. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.