Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Sanergy is an award-winning social enterprise that employs the circular economy approach to treat and convert all forms of urban waste into organic fertilizer and insect-based animal protein. Sanergy manufactures and distributes Evergrow Organic Fertilizer and Kuzapro Insect Based Animal Protein, under the Farm Star brand. We are an increasingly sophisticated, highly intricate organization with many moving parts. Sanergy seeks accomplished, driven individuals who will make substantive contributions to the organization. We currently seek a Sales & Marketing Excellence Manager.
Job Purpose Statement
Provide analytics, project management and strategy modelling support to all sales and marketing teams across all our products and services: Organic fertilizer (Evergrow & Evergrow Gold sold through the Fam Star brand), Insect based protein (KuzaPro), Biomass Briquettes (EverMoto) and Waste Management Solutions (City Fresh). Lead the marketing and sales operations functions. Be a thought partner to all sales managers across the organization.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Data Analysis and Modeling: Incorporate multiple data sources and methodologies to find opportunities to drive growth efficiency. Experience with marketing attribution, budgeting, sales and marketing conversion metrics and A/B testing is a must.
- Project Management: Add structure and rigour to all projects being undertaken across sales and marketing. Implement a project management framework that ensures that all projects are done to the right quality, scope and cost.
- Data: Maintain all aspects of the sales and marketing database. Lead the push to implement and adopt a CRM and work with the IT department to ensure that the CRM system actually adds value.
- Special Projects: Lead special projects that will open up sales. Examples are the sale of fertilizer by resolving the Evergrow application issue for large farms and or developing crop specific sales strategies for rice, avocado, coffee and tea.
- Lead the in house marketing team. Specifically:
- Enhance systems to collect marketing and sales data efficiently and effectively.
- Lead the analysis of marketing data so as to generate insights that lead to evidence based targeted marketing initiatives. Additional experience with digital paid and non-paid marketing, direct mail, and spatial data is a plus.
- Coach the sales managers and representatives to adopt agreed standard practices for marketing events for example, adoption of the standard and agreed way to conduct extension visits so as to maximize conversions.
- Lead the inhouse Sales Operations team. Specifically:
- Develop and implement systems to enable efficient flow of information, people and materials to and from the ground.
- Providing guidance on measurement and KPIs for all sales teams.
- Develop, implement and maintain the sales performance dashboard.
- Support sales and marketing managers in Territory planning, definition, sizing and alignment. Track sales representative territory coverage and recommend areas of improvement.
- Process Improvement: Optimize sales and operational efficiency through innovative thinking, process improvement and system enhancements. Support sales and marketing leadership in sales & marketing process development, adoption, and compliance
- Sales Forecasting: Help the sales and marketing leadership to build forecasting and capacity models.
- Collaboration with other departments: Be the Interdepartmental liaison aligning Sales & Marketing with the rest of the organization.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- 3+ years proven analytics experience with a focus on sales & marketing analytics
- Experience with data visualization tools. Must be super proficient in Excel.
- Degree or higher level education required.
- Previous experience in marketing and selling agricultural products will be an added advantage.
- Aptitude for numbers and data-driven decision-making
- Coachable – a desire to learn, constantly improve, and act on feedback
- Willingness to travel outside of Nairobi to support the marketing & sales operations for approx. 40% of the time.
- Valid driver’s license and min. 2 years driving experience
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter clearly indicating your available start date (include notice period), your salary expectation, your interest in this role, and your resume/CV that includes a list of three referees by Monday, 31st May. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.